R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digtranslator  (Read 4567 times)

CPalk

Digtranslator
« on: October 26, 2004, 05:00:55 PM »

Ok, I work in post and am having a problems with a particular clients OMF. I open OMFs frequently and have no problems except that of this particular client. When trying to open it gives me the errot" cannot import tracks because Pro Tools does not support  mixed sample rates" I understand that this is because the video editor is not exporting everything properly and at this point it is not an option.
The thing is that a colleague of his can open the OMF in digitranslator 1 no problem.
I am on PT 5.1 using translator 2.
Can anyone tell me the difference between translator 1 and 2 besides the fact that 1 is a stand alone application and 2 is embedded in the PT application, and why 1 can convert the sample rates while 2 can't?

j.hall

Re: Digtranslator
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 09:53:30 AM »

check and see if version 2 has a setting that you can tell it to convert all sample rates to your current session sample rate.

i've always had tons of issues with video editors exporting to OMF....not slagging on them, i just think the conversion is a real bear and easy to miss a few small details that totally screw us on the audio side.

i've never received an OMF from a video editor that was not at 48k.  you might make certain that this editor is working at 48k and everything down stream is jiving with that.

speaking of digi translator, can you get a demo version of that app?  i have a session coming into my new room that i'll need it for but not sure i want to buy it.

CPalk

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 01:22:06 PM »

I dont think you can get a demo version. try their web site.
where can you find parameters for DT2 since the program is embedded?
CArrie

j.hall

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 03:39:34 PM »

no demo version.

but i did notice a parameter that allows you to convert sample rates of incoming audio files

that should solve your problem.......SHOULD.....hahahaha

Rail Jon Rogut

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 08:54:39 PM »

There is a 14 day demo.. you can install the demo from your Pro Tools installation disks -- or download the software from the Digidesign website (the full program acts as a demo).

Rail
Recording Engineer

www.platinumsamples.com

Engineered Drums for BFD & Superior Drummer 2.0

j.hall

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 02:40:27 PM »

AWESOME!!!!!!!

thanks for letting me know that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 16 queries.