R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something to do at AES...  (Read 2679 times)

ToddP

Something to do at AES...
« on: October 20, 2004, 05:40:27 PM »

Brad posted this in Gearslutz, I thought I would also post it here for y'all...

I thought I'd let you guys know that we have finally put the finishing touches on something TA and our manuf have been working on for a while.

After AES on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7pm we are doing "How to place a Mic" Seminars at Hyde Street Studios downtown. Thursday is guitars with William Whitman, Friday is vocals with Al Schmitt, Saturday is drums with Barry Rudolph. These guys can really explain their approach to micing and I think there's be a ton of info to glean from their talks. They are doing it for free, so it all free to you. Plus I've let them all know ahead of time that this is NOT a disguised "buy this mic" talk. This must be the real deal.

Dirk Brauner got Al to do vocals, Geoff Daking got William Whitman (The Fixx, Cindi Lauper) to do guitars, David Bock got Hyde Street for us (also volunteering their space), David M. from Mercury Recording Equipment is even going to supply a van to shuttle people from the convention center over to Hyde Street (he's launching Mercury at AES and will have all his stuff set up for demo in Studio D at Hyde Street). I think most of our manufacturers will be hanging there from 7-9 each night so it should be a fun hang. Friday night Hyde Street is having a party after Al, at around 8pm to ????.

Hyde Street is one of the few remaining big room studios in SF and has TONS of history. This should be fun! You can come to our booth at AES to get an invite and find out more.

Hope you can come!
Todd Peterson
TransAudio Group
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.