R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FYI: 3D Mic DVD-A (24/88.2) to be released at AES  (Read 1463 times)

3D Audio

FYI: 3D Mic DVD-A (24/88.2) to be released at AES
« on: October 14, 2004, 12:57:37 PM »

Just in case you might be interested in hearing about it or getting a copy:

3D Audio is pleased to announce the first ever High Resolution equipment comparison disc, a limited edition DVD-Audio re-release of the internationally renowned 3D Mic CD. Authored by Minnetonka Audio Software using discWelder CHROME II, this DVD-A will contain the 24-bit, 88.2 kHz sampled soundfiles, restored from the  SADIE recording archives by mastering legend Glenn Meadows. Lynn Fuston, President of 3D Audio and producer of the 3D Comparison series, says "I'm tremendously excited about this product for two reasons. First, not since the recording sessions in 2001 has anyone heard these Hi-Res recordings at full fidelity. This collection of two singers on 49 mics, over $175,000 worth, deserves to be heard in the best possible way. Also, it has opened my eyes to how affordable and easy it now is to author for DVD-A. My previous attempts at HiRes releases were always thwarted, but Minnetonka's discWelder software is a wonderful solution for authoring HiRes discs."

In addition to the HiRes recordings, the disc includes CD quality
16-bit/44.1 kHz versions so people can compare and hear the differences for themselves. It will also include demos of Minnetonka Software's award winning discWelder product, including the first Mac OS-X version of discWelder BRONZE which will debut Fall 2004.

This limited edition DVD will be presented by Minnetonka Audio Software to the first fifty qualified individuals who attend the DVD-Audio Council's Technology Expo at AES. The technology expo will be held in Dolby's booth, 1402, on Friday, October 29 from 4 to 6 pm.

3D Audio offers a range of comparison CDs, testing preamps, mics,
converters, and DAWs. For more information, check out www.3daudioinc.com  or order the new 3D Mic DVD at the 3D WebStore.

Minnetonka Audio Software is the world's leading developer of audio encoding and DVD-Audio authoring software. Supported codecs include Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logica II, DTSa, and MLPa formats.  Minnetonka Audio Software's revolutionary discWelder line of DVD-Audio authoring tools is the standard for authoring in this new high fidelity delivery format.  More information is available at www.minnetonkaaudio.com

(It appears my profile was wiped and the pref signature with it. My apologies. I have fixed the sig but it obviously won't show up in this post. And I am checking with GM to find out if this is inappropriate here. It's jus a straight press release. I thought some AES-ers might be interested in picking up a free $50 DVD. If George says I overstepped, then this is gone. With my apologies. Lynn Fuston, 3D Audio)

archtop

Re: FYI: 3D Mic DVD-A (24/88.2) to be released at AES
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 03:37:07 PM »

you know

with no name posted.

just a paste.

something for sale

sure feels like a spam
Richard Williams
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.