R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: At the glue factory pond  (Read 27058 times)

Dinogi

• Real Full Name: Dean Giamette
  • Wow! A third star! I'll try to be worthy of it.
At the glue factory pond
« on: March 20, 2018, 04:15:58 AM »

Just sent for a Little Labs STD cable extender and was surprised that it was marked as a Mercenary Edition.
I certainly miss that quirky, wonderful pro audio store that you (Fletcher) and the guys built next to the glue factory pond.
Makes me want pull out my MA T shirt and wear it again for old time sake.
That place forever changed how I buy gear by separating the facts from the hype.
Thank you for that...d
I'd trade everything I own now for a good sounding room and a bucket of 57's.

Fletcher

Re: At the glue factory pond
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 06:21:04 PM »

Thanks... BTW, that is one hell of a cool system!!  My absolute favorite use for it was to take a DI bass into the control room, split the signal, run ½ of the signal to a pre-amp [add compression to taste], and print it... and the other half of the signal through a Little Labs "IBP" [In Between Phase] box, through the "STD" [Signal Transmission Device], and plug it into the bass amp.  From there you can tweeze the phase relationship of the DI & Mic'ed signals and really define the "vowel" of the bass sound so it sits in the mix perfectly -- usually with zero "EQ" [which you pretty much did with the IBP box].

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 16 queries.