R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Leo Schaal finished operation?  (Read 4467 times)

Gabor A. Erdelyi

• Real Full Name: Gabor Erdelyi
Has Leo Schaal finished operation?
« on: September 16, 2017, 09:43:02 AM »

Sorry guys for taking your time. I have some serious problem with Schaal Audio in Germany. :-(

Half year ago, on 10th March I sent him an M49 Decca modded mic, to have it built back to the original tube circuitry. I also sent two new AC701K and prepaid him fully for the job.

In the beginning he was communicating, and finally promised to ship me the finished mic six weeks ago. And nothing happened. He does not reply my emails (I sent 10 mails in the last six weeks), and not answering the phone for me.

Do you have any recent experience with him? What can be the problem, has he closed his shop maybe? I'm worried about my expensive M49 and the money of course, not mentioning the two AC701K... Please drop me a reply if you might have any idea.

Thanks to all!

klaus

Re: Has Leo Schaal finished operation?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 10:29:58 AM »

Glad to have you reach out to others for an answer. The forum is widely read in Europe, and I hope your quest will yield the information and good outcome you are looking for.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

David Satz

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 04:34:07 PM »

For what it may be worth, he has almost 100 active auctions for microphone cables, adapters and power supplies on eBay at the moment. His seller name there is "leo-eugen-schall". So I think he is still actively in business.

--best regards

Noah Scot Snyder

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:07:49 AM »

I bought some new custom cabling from Leo this summer. I was able to email him at the address indicated in his eBay profile. He wrote back and made the cables (for M250s to 6pin XLR) in a reasonable amount of time. He was nice and attentive to me. I hope you reconnect and it's some sort of misunderstanding; a Decca M49 is a special piece!

AusTex64

• Real Full Name: Robert Mokry
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 01:25:03 PM »

I understand Leo has had some family issues with sick kids. That was last year when he fell out of contact, then came back, was very apologetic and got me exactly what I was after. I don't know more details than that. I sure hope he and his family are OK though, he was a very nice guy to deal with. Gabor, I do hope you get your mic back. Stay on him and don't give up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.