R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to buy cables?  (Read 4510 times)

Aaron Clark

• Real Full Name: Aaron Clark
Where to buy cables?
« on: June 27, 2017, 03:24:07 PM »

I was trying to find quality audio cables for home recording/mobile DJ services and I found this website with cheap, solid-looking cables: cableboom.com... I hadn't heard of them before does anyone know if they are reputable?

John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

• Real Full Name: John Scrip
Re: Where to buy cables?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:22:07 PM »

(A)  Never heard of 'em -- That said, their website seems to have gone live just last month and their FB page has 7 likes, so I'd imagine few have at this point.  (EDIT) Their FB page says they just had their first order 15 days ago (/EDIT)

(B) Doesn't mention the brand of cable and I assume they're not rolling their own, but I kinda like to stay with "tried and true" stuff if I can help it. 

(C) Doesn't use "familiar" connectors.   They look like the ones Bespeco uses - which I have no particular experience with if that's the case. 

Nothing illegal there, but I'd be looking for a more "known quantity" (lack of a better term). 
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

Fletcher

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 05:51:48 AM »

In the "known quantity" department, I've had a decades long relationship with Redco https://www.redco.com -- that said... soldering is a highly useful skill, and I would urge Aaron to learn to solder and make his own cables.  It doesn't take that much time, saves a ton of money -- your cables can be "cut to length" which alleviates clutter -- and gives you a higher level of maintenance capability.

On the other hand... it appears he has stumbled upon someone setting up a new business... and personally, I like to support the little guy until they prove unworthy of support.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Tim Hite

• Real Full Name: Tim Hite
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 01:50:05 AM »

. . . I like to support the little guy until they prove unworthy of support. . .

Yeah, we too, unless they are obviously spamming in a professional forum. . .

Fletcher

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 01:51:09 PM »

Maybe spamming... maybe not.  I saw the post as it was phrased to be looking for assistance which is why it was not removed [even though this was the first post by the originator of that post - a tell tale sign of spamming]... the other reason it was left up is that this is a frequent question I hear, and perhaps some of the responses will be of assistance to other readers.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.