R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: API 550 mod  (Read 3989 times)

phillscottx

• Real Full Name: Felipe Helfer
API 550 mod
« on: August 04, 2016, 09:06:39 PM »

I found an old topic started by mikepecchio (http://repforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=12931.0) and I was wondering if anyone has attempted to change resistors on a 550b in order to modify the values to less than 2db per step (similar to a 550M or a 2500).

I'm sure that other people has thought about it, was anyone successful?
In this case, what resistor did you change and what is the resistor value of the mod?

Thanks,
Felipe

Fletcher

Re: API 550 mod
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:24:01 AM »

While there are some folks who do technical stuff that hang out on this forum, its not really the right place for this kind of question.  We're mainly a "user" / "operator" kind of forum.  That said, the folks at API are generally very helpful so you might want to give them a call directly.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your search.

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

Re: API 550 mod
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 01:14:46 PM »

The end terminating resistors can be increased to reduce the action. Since it's already switched I wouldn't bother as 1 db steps don't do much. 1 db is for mastering and there are far better choices for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 18 queries.