R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundtracs Maxi Topaz 24 8  (Read 4624 times)

Augustine Leudar

Soundtracs Maxi Topaz 24 8
« on: May 24, 2016, 07:57:43 AM »

Does anyone know anything about this desk ? I saw an ancient thread about thi sbut no info and I couldn't post on the thread as its archived. It is not the same as the original Sountracs Topaz with no meter bridge (at least mine doesnt) and different channel strips, nore is it the same as the project 8. I cant find a manual on it anywhere only a picture of its younger brither the Maxi 4:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCOuVzujOp1afbDoWI26J1HxhGztirYknJdvoWP4m3bfjlZ_CZCqzyMrA

It has talkback and direct outs for every channel so is a recording as well as a live desk I suspect.

Any info greatly appreciated !

Fletcher

CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Augustine Leudar

Re: Soundtracs Maxi Topaz 24 8
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 11:02:54 AM »

Here ya go...

http://elektrotanya.com/soundtracs_topaz_maxi_24_4_2_maxi_32_4_2_909.pdf/download.html

Cheers Fletcher - but i already downloaded it - its not the user manual as such but rather lots of technical diagrams of the circuit boards etc....

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 07:20:15 AM »

Gotcha... the page said it was the "service manual"... I didn't download it, but assumed [I guess incorrectly] that it was indeed the service manual.

From here, I'm out of ideas -- with the possible exception of checking some of the remaining "repair technicians" as they may possibly have some documentation.  From time to time Jim Williams of "Audio Upgrades" checks in here... he might have an idea or two.

Best of luck with your quest, wish I had better information for you.

Peace
CN Fletcher

If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

mbrebes

• Real Full Name: Michael Brebes

Fletcher

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 11:18:45 AM »

Michael -- he's looking for the service / repair manual with schematics... that link is for the "operators manual".

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm

Augustine Leudar

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 07:01:41 PM »

Michael -- he's looking for the service / repair manual with schematics... that link is for the "operators manual".

Peace

Hi Fletcher - thanks I Just to point out though IIm probablky not explaining myself very clearly here) - the service manual was the link you gave me - all the schematics - which I dont understand - I do indeed want the operators manual - so that might be just what Im looking for Michael though thats for a slightly different model should be roughly the same.

Fletcher

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 09:56:31 PM »

My bad -- reading is FUNdemental... guess I took the day off from that.

Glad you found what you were looking for!!

Peace
CN Fletcher

Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.