R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: minimize sound impact at 80 meters away from source  (Read 3534 times)

GeorgesAOUN

• Real Full Name: Georges AOUN
minimize sound impact at 80 meters away from source
« on: April 07, 2016, 10:18:43 AM »

Dears,

Am new in this forum and I need some support for an issue we are currently facing with one of our installations.

We need to install a sound system on a Rooftop (Open air) for a pub/night-club, the problem is that there is a nearby Hotel at 80 meters direct line.

What would be the solution to have a quality sound at the club at a reasonable volume to run the parties without disturbing the hotel visitors?
we have tried several ways of installation but the sound at the hotel is very loud as if we are at the club,

can someone advise about any idea/solution please,

thanks,

Fletcher

Re: minimize sound impact at 80 meters away from source
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:57:24 PM »

There is a sound reinforcement set of forums on this site, I would highly suggest you ask there as well. 

That said, my first thought would be to do a minimal FOH system with distribution around the rooftop area so you can keep the "music" around 70db [SPL] -- that way the bar guests can talk, and due to the "inverse square law" you shouldn't have many problems with hotel guests being bothered by the sound from your rooftop bar.

Adding a surrounding wall to the rooftop bar probably wouldn't be a bad idea either -- if its like 3 meters high and made of wood that should do the trick.

Again, I would suggest you make this post on the reinforcement side of things as this is really more their area of expertise than this board [which is the "recording" side of the industry].

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

GeorgesAOUN

• Real Full Name: Georges AOUN
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 04:40:09 AM »

OK Sir,

Thank you for your support and information,

good day,

Benforesj

• Real Full Name: Benfores
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 05:25:03 AM »

I'm looking for someone like this as well. It's great, really The opportunity to talk.

oneflightup

• Real Full Name: Nick Irving
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 05:37:47 AM »

Great advice from Fletcher. I would add that you can reduce the sound level as the evening goes on, so that by the time it's very late (and people are sleeping at the Hotel) the sound is lower in volume than earlier in the evening... Less likely to disturb people that way.

Or just invite all the hotel guests to the party!! ;)

Best,

Nick

----------------
One Flight Up Music Studios Sydney
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 18 queries.