R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuchel connectors for mic bodies  (Read 2229 times)

AusTex64

• Real Full Name: Robert Mokry
Tuchel connectors for mic bodies
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »

I'm searching for three 7 pin male threaded Tuchel connectors for a Gefell MV690 modification project. I've attached some pics. Been scouring German eBay with no success. I have some Binder connectors I got from AMI, but they won't work. :-(

If anyone have any they would be willing to sell, or can point me in the right direction, I would sure appreciate it.

Thank you,

Robert Mokry
Austin, TX

klaus

Re: Tuchel connectors for mic bodies
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 11:51:45 AM »

Your picture does not show the connector. Besides, as far as I remember, the 690 predates any use by Microtech Gefell of West German-made parts, including Tuchel connectors. My initial response: contact MG in Gefell.

Best of luck,
KH
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

AusTex64

• Real Full Name: Robert Mokry
Re: Tuchel connectors for mic bodies
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 12:42:36 AM »

Klaus,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've sent an email to MG.

I wasn't very clear in the first post. Here's the story. This is a MG 690 that was modified by Oliver Archut to a tube impedance converter. You can see the acrylic resistor board and the AMI transformer mounted under it in the pic. Kind of a "poor man's KM54". It is a terrific sounding mic. He was supposed to do a pair, but sent me this one to hear while he completed the other one. That never happened before he passed away. So I want to finish that one and modify two more, to have 4 total. I have all the parts to finish the project except these connectors on the mic itself in the picture that replace the coarse threaded connectors that come stock from MG.

The connector in the pic on this mic will mate with a 7 pin female Binder cable mount connector. It appears Oliver had to do some machining to the connector housing to make it fit the Gefell body. Oliver said once "I'm waiting to get more of these connectors from Germany so I can finish your other mic". That's what got me looking on German eBay to find some, but I've been looking for months with no luck.

I am also going to contact Amphenol US on Monday to see if they have anything that is close enough for me to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.