R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay alert - Manley SLAM!  (Read 40299 times)

RMoore

Re: Ebay alert - Manley SLAM!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 03:31:44 AM »

Another thing that's amazing is the auction is still active on Ebay (as per 03:30 EST Sept 8th) - you'd think it'd be in Ebay's interest to pull it asap.
People's Republic of Ryan

http://www.myspace.com/twilightcircus
 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryonik

By the end of today, another day is gone forever. You will never get it back.
We must never let up for a second. Work harder at every single thing - Terry Manning

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take - Wayne Gretzky

robk

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 04:16:22 AM »

Ryan Moore wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 08:31

...you'd think it'd be in Ebay's interest to pull it asap.

Only thing in eBay's interest is the auction fees.

I've bought and sold a fair bit on UK eBay over the past couple of years - but it's gone downhill noticeably over recent months.  Many more scammers (most of them 'power sellers'), nowhere near as many buyers - very slow.  My local post office says their eBay shipping trade has dropped to a fraction of what it was.

Perhaps eBay will spot the trends and put its house in order?   ...not holding my breath!

Rob Kirkwood
www.visibleform.co.uk

Peter Simonsen

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 05:01:42 AM »

Ryan Moore wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 08:31

Another thing that's amazing is the auction is still active on Ebay (as per 03:30 EST Sept 8th) - you'd think it'd be in Ebay's interest to pull it asap.

Its not only amazing i mean..Its a totally new Auction now.. The pic of Lynn is gone..and No bids as of now..

Kind regards

Peter
http://www.psl-design.dk

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.>>Søren kirkegaard>
>>Its not a dream Peter is real<<

vanimal

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 05:47:20 AM »

Now it is a new one here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=37472 08748
Not to worry, gallant bidder "BOGUS_Manley_DONT_BID" has come to the rescue... and sent by email TWO MORE LETTERS TO eBay/Vero, as per Erik's advice....

Erik, FYI, the Ranger-Vero thing was a free automated search thing that they steered me into to do the searches and file the complaints through when I signed up with Vero. That's all I knew from what when I wuz doing them. But now it's gone. So I dug up copies of those email forms (as they always were cc'd to me) and found the right (I hope) email addy at ebay to send those forms to. So that's what I did. TWICE. Cuz the Slammer-Scammer relisted his auction sans Lynn's purty face while I wuz typing out more letters.

It is 3am late. Must sleep. More anti-scam-war at 7....
--
Cheers, EveAnna Manley
http://www.manleylabs.com

George Massenburg

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2004, 07:02:37 AM »

Tomas Danko wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 15:35

[...]
Danko

Ps.... Darn, does this mean I shouldn't do the deal on E-bay on that Sony desk by some guy who calls himself George somewhere in Metzlersburg or whatever it was? And I thought I had the deal of a lifetime. *sigh*

Well uh, yes actually, the used price of the OXF-R has indeed dropped to US$899.00.  Sad but true...

George

JGreenslade

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2004, 07:57:47 AM »

When I first started seeing bogus auctions on ebay they seemed to be "based" in the Far-East, however, just about every pro-audio scam I've seen of late claimed to be selling from London, why on earth is that?

Being based in London myself I'm wondering if this fellow would like to meet up in person for the transaction? I could really use a SLAM for
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP

tom eaton

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2004, 09:25:58 AM »

Ignorance knows no bounds...a few weeks ago a gentleman tried to sell me MY OWN CONSOLE using photos from a broker's website of the console I had recently purchased.  It was sitting in my control room while he was e-mailing me its particulars.

Oh well.

-tom

Lynn Fuston

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2004, 10:48:05 AM »

TER wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 08:25

a few weeks ago a gentleman tried to sell me MY OWN CONSOLE using photos from a broker's website of the console I had recently purchased.  It was sitting in my control room while he was e-mailing me its particulars.

Now that IS rich!

Lynn Fuston

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2004, 10:49:26 AM »

George Massenburg wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 06:02

[...]
Danko

Ps.... Darn, does this mean I shouldn't do the deal on E-bay on that Sony desk by some guy who calls himself George somewhere in Metzlersburg or whatever it was? And I thought I had the deal of a lifetime. *sigh*

Well uh, yes actually, the used price of the OXF-R has indeed dropped to US$899.00.  Sad but true...

George

George,

Do you get 5 free Sony DVDs with that, as a buyer's incentive?

George Massenburg

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2004, 11:40:24 AM »

Lynn Fuston wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 09:49

George Massenburg wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 06:02

[...]
Danko

George,

Do you get 5 free Sony DVDs with that, as a buyer's incentive?

From Sony?  Which Sony?  There are still more "divisions" than you can count.  From Sony, Japan you get the latest corporate line, which is to commit to exactly nothing - nothing except vacant promises, neglected products and shallow marketing campaigns.

I don't know maybe I'm a little sensitive...

George

Tomas Danko

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2004, 12:09:28 PM »

George Massenburg wrote on Wed, 08 September 2004 12:02

[...]
Danko

George

I hear you, Mr. Massenburg. Some companies cannot spell the word "commitment" properly. Talking about the blowout deal of the century...

Wanna trade with my Allen & Heath Saber? No? It can't go 192 kHz either.

Regards,

Danko
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Eric Rudd

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2004, 12:16:23 PM »

What cracks me up is that Ebay charges a fee, and if you make your payment through Paypal, they get a fee. Since they're both the same company, you're getting it from both ends. Might as well buy a car from a dealer with dealer financing.

Eric
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eric Rudd
efrudd@gmail.com
For an engineering discography, please see www.allmusic.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Level

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2004, 12:24:11 PM »

EveAnna, you need to re-bid. Looks like that clown took your bid off.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

vanimal

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2004, 01:35:54 PM »

I bid again... and then he retracted my bid with Explanation: "this is the scammer"...and so I bid again... and then he retracted my bid again with Explanation: "because is scammer !!!!!", and so I bid again... and retracted my own bids and then bid again and so now that auction has some nice bid retraction history even if he retracts me again... someone gotta be "real dum" to now try to go win that auction!

Many of us have sent more and more complaints to ebay to no avail.... they could care less.

Vero complaints sent have received NO action either.

I have done all I can to try to protect people on this now. I can warrant my gear. I will not be able to honour warranty on non-existing equipment nor stupidity/ignorance/wishful thinking....
--
Cheers, EveAnna Manley
http://www.manleylabs.com

Level

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2004, 01:52:37 PM »

On scams like this, I have seen people bid $5,000,000 and then someone else (planned) bid "a few million more" so it "shows up" as a high bid. This certainly gets ebays attention. Since we all KNOW this piece does not exsist, I don't think ebay will hold you to anything and they may just charge the seller the huge fee (percentage) for the sale!

Interesting saga. I hope Scotland yard finds this person and shackles them up for a few years of stale chips.

PS, I don't know the legal ramifications of bidding millions of dollars on something. Certainly, ebay can't hold you to an item that does not exsist. The fake serial number is the key.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 16 queries.