R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Track Software  (Read 2690 times)

John P. Farrell

2 Track Software
« on: January 11, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »

Hey guys,

I've been updating my setup and am looking at the final piece of the puzzle.  In the past I've taken my Cubase/Nuendo/PT mixes to Soundforge for editing and CD architect to author and burn.  Since I finally jumped to Windows 8.1 and a 64 Bit platform I need to replace my 5 year old software that I was running on XP.  I am a bit of a Steinberg fan, so Wavelab is certianly going to be considered and Demo'd.  Any real world thoughts between Sony Vs. Steinberg offerings?  Am I missing any other players that should be taken into consideration? 

Cheers,

JF

Fletcher

Re: 2 Track Software
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 02:32:38 AM »

You might consider "Reaper"... which is a free download.  From what I've seen and heard of the program its pretty damn good sounding and seems to do all the stuff the other stuff does.  For the price, its certain worth a "look-see".

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.