R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AT4033/CL (A) Disassembly Issues  (Read 2330 times)

Duncan McLennan

• Waterloo & London, Ontario
AT4033/CL (A) Disassembly Issues
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »

Hi folks! I frequent the live sound forums but this is my first foray into the REP side of things here on PSW. Not sure if this is the right forum section, so thanks for indulging me.

I snagged an AT4033/CL on Kijiji yesterday. Got it for a fantastic price because there were a few dents in the grille. Checked it out and functionally it worked 100%, so deal done!

I removed the casing from the microphone to work some of the dents out of the grille (I do this at my day job with brass instruments). Got the dents out easily and it looks like new. However as I was preparing to put the mic back together, an unruly house mate grabbed the guts of the mic off the kitchen table stating 'this is cool!' and a piece fell out.

I can't seem to figure out what it is, or where it should go.

My best guess is that it's some sort of tab to ensure a good ground connection with the casing. The mic is working just fine without it. But I'd obviously rather put it back where it belongs.

If anyone has experience repairing or disassembling the 40 series mics, I'd appreciate the help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.