R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gefell CMV 563 M7S capsule  (Read 9548 times)

klaus

Re: Gefell CMV 563 M7S capsule
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 12:00:23 PM »

… and they did! And it works! But its sonic quality hasn't quite arrived back in the Excellence Department.
Which brings us back to the beginning of this discussion: is the change in PVC materials that are now used the main obstacle for recouping the original M7 sound?
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Jim Williams

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »

Surely, chemical engineers could devise a polymer that's stable, flexible and truly non-toxic?

They have, it's called mylar. Most mic manufacturers use it.

John Willett

• Real Full Name: John Willett
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 05:13:34 AM »

Does this imply that MG will provide product information only if it is assured in advance of a positive review? 

The answer is "no" as Gefell mics go out for review without any pre-disposition.

However, there do seem to be some personal issues between Klaus and someone at Gefell that affect their relationship.  The rights and wrongs of which I do not know and prefer to stay well away from.  Hopefully, at some point in the future, they will be able to sort it out between them.
(the poster is a dealer for Microtech Gefell products)

klaus

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 02:21:49 PM »

I do not know many people more eagerly awaiting a return to MG's previous excellence in M7 manufacture than I.
I am ready and willing to re-test MG's current production PVC M7 capsules anytime. I am also willing to pay for shipping, to and fro.

And, unlike almost everyone in the business of making or selling microphone-related goods, I provably have no incentive badmouthing MG's capsule products: I offer no competing capsule myself, and do not get financial benefits if I knock a competitor's product, because I am not a competitor. But I am often (overly?) incensed by the misleading claims of manufacturers of copy capsules about their, at best mediocre, product.

In the end, my quest to find a suitable replacement M7* is entirely driven by my need to offer help for my numerous customers who desperately need such capsule for their precious M49, U47, U48, and for the lines of Gefell mics that also use that capsule.

*The fact that Neumann still makes an excellent version of the K47 capsule, which, in a pinch, can be installed in all mics that originally used the M7, is some relief.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 18 queries.