R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whale Sounds  (Read 2308 times)

yorkstreet

• Real Full Name: Dan Gareh
Whale Sounds
« on: November 12, 2012, 08:41:45 AM »

Hello good people,

Does anyone happen to know of or previously used any good Whale Sound Libraries or online collections that I can make use of for a world music project? So far only found a few random scientific project sites with the odd distorted sample or private files that I can't use. If anyone's come across a good one please let me know.

Thanks

Dan Gareh

jaykadis

• R/E/P Forums
Re: Whale Sounds
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:34:44 PM »

We recently searched for decent whale recordings, but the good ones are all copyrighted and permission is not forthcoming for commercial uses. It is far from trivial to obtain clean underwater recordings and those that have succeeded are not interested in sharing them. Since our project was academic, we managed to get permission to use one of Roger Payne's great recordings.

For another project, we used a cello to make whale-like noises.

yorkstreet

• Real Full Name: Dan Gareh
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »

Thanks jaykadis,

yeah we came across the same probs! Cello is a nice idea, we've been experimenting with guitar and bass slides, through different reverbs and delays. Oh well, onwards and upwards!
DG

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

Love the Cello idea!!  I wouldn't have thought of it, but heard the sound in my head the second I read it!!  ;D
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.