R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fair compensation for artistic endevours  (Read 41895 times)

Edward Vinatea

Re: Fair compensation for artistic endevours
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2011, 03:25:51 PM »

rjd2 wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 21:42

1-to Bill: im not implying that you should care what i think, but i just wanted to let you know that your comments like the one i quoted above are the #1 reason i dont really frequent this forum too much anymore. i have to date seen you refer to people as nazis, use rape as an analogy to IP crime, insult people-among other things that i consider beyond the parameters of honorable discourse. i dont really give a shit personally, i have no emotional dog in the hunt(there are tons of places i go to for discussions online, so i have no feelings connected to this one or that one) but i thought you might want to know that the rhetoric of the kind you have engaged in has literally pushed at least one member off this forum, at least in any regular manner of usage. i am sincerely telling you this for your own good.

Even though I have been encouraged by member PM's to keep on posting, I've decided not to renew my account at the Prosound Web forums this coming February. It will be interesting --in terms of the perception-- what his 'students' read into this future archived thread one day. Maybe they will really see this teacher's true colors and his overt lack of good faith. I've also had it with his anemic professional attitude.

Thank you all for the friendship and a nice a year at the forum, nonetheless.

Best Regards,

Edward

mgod

« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »

Good god.
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

astroshack

« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2011, 01:16:20 AM »

Semantics and accuracy are paramount when discussing legal matters. Dismissing misinterpretation as semantics is pretty much a non-sequitor within the context of this thread.

Sean
Sean Diggins
The Tone Room

Jason Poff

« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2011, 02:42:24 AM »

OK.

Perhaps I jumped the gun... this time.

But with the track record I've linked to above, I've reached a very low tolerance level for threads being driven into the ditch by petty bickering.

Ed's not the only one I see being (IMO) overly-agressive when defending their point of view.   He's just the one I can count on doing so time and time again.

No longer.

Thank you PSW/REP.

It's been a good run.

Jason

Bill_Urick

« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2011, 07:14:23 PM »

Now I'm wondering if Bill really liked my post as much as he said or if he was just janking me.

Chubby now at half mast.

Sad
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Bill Mueller

« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »

Bill_Urick wrote on Sun, 30 January 2011 19:14

Now I'm wondering if Bill really liked my post as much as he said or if he was just janking me.

Chubby now at half mast.

Sad

Whoa Bill!

You're a handsome man and all, but Joanne might have something to say about this! Using the word Yank and Chubby in the same thread is just wrong man! Wrong!

However on a more serious note. While your post was indeed inspirational and quite useless, there were many, many posts on this thread that out-uselessed your post by a Georgia mile. You will either have to try harder (ha!) or try again elsewhere.

Best regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

CWHumphrey

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2011, 01:18:14 AM »

http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/02/technology/sports_streaming/ index.htm?source=cnn_bin&hpt=Sbin

"Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said the seizure, carried out just days before the Super Bowl, reaffirms the government's commitment to protecting copyright material."

Please do protect copyright material.

Cheers,
Carter William Humphrey

"Indeed...oh three named one!" -Terry Manning
"Or you can just have Carter do the recording, because he's Humphrey."-J.J. Blair
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 18 queries.