R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: State of US healthcare - what we can do to not go bankrupt when we're sick  (Read 66385 times)

Berolzheimer

Re: State of US healthcare - what we can do to not go bankrupt when we're sick
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 12:31:26 AM »

Les Ismore wrote on Fri, 21 January 2011 11:36

All these things keep taking me back to the movie "Idiocracy". I won't get into the whole plot here but the guy wakes up several hundred years in the future and civilization has de-evolved into a huge mess (that looks a little too much like today)
So at this point in the future they have substituted water everywhere in the world with Gatoraid. They are wondering why all the crops are dying and there's no food, so the hero (who is now the smartest guy in the world) says "Stop using Gatoraid instead of water!"  But they don't want to because a whole lot of people make their living from Gatoraid, and they no longer even remember a time when people used water anymore and it's too dramatic an idea when they've all become so used to Gatoraid.

But it gots electrolytes!!
The film sound side of my life:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0077235/

A bunch of songs I've recorded and/or mixed are here:
http://www.zget.me/billionaires/

Fenris Wulf

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »

Les Ismore wrote on Fri, 21 January 2011 19:36

All these things keep taking me back to the movie "Idiocracy".

Love that movie. The problem is that everyone who sees it thinks it's about someone else. It's not. It's about ALL of us.
RESIST THE CYBERNETIC OVERLORDS
KDVS Studio A

Tidewater

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 10:34:19 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Fri, 21 January 2011 09:46

It is "safe" to speak here.  But it is not guaranteed everyone (or anyone) is going to agree with you.  This process is called a "discussion".  Adults have them all the time.  It seems to me you received the most polite reply possible.  Much more so than mine...

Barry

If you go bankrupt due to illness it's your own damn fault and I don't care about you or your family's suffering, I don't care about all the Americans without healthcare, I don't care about the children who suffer & die in the current system, because it's all somebody else's fault, and if that somebody else would just try harder then all the problems would disappear.
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

YZ

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »

Razz

nice attempt at derailing this thread...
regards,

YZ

Tidewater

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 11:31:31 AM »

If you go bankrupt due to illness it's your own damn fault and I don't care about you or your family's suffering, I don't care about all the Americans without healthcare, I don't care about the children who suffer & die in the current system, because it's all somebody else's fault, and if that somebody else would just try harder then all the problems would disappear.

Gio

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »

Tidewater wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 11:31

Huh? I'm missing something somewhere, I just know it.
Giovanni Fusco

On Staff Here

My Place

Press record. Enjoy!

YZ

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2011, 11:47:01 AM »

It appears that Miles wants to derail the thread by trolling.

If it is so, then it is quite sad.

I hope his next post shows us that I'm wrong.

I'd like very much to be wrong in this case.

From discussion comes enlightenment.
regards,

YZ

Tidewater

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »

That is my statement prepared by DK. Verbatim.

When I say 'nobody owes me nothing', he sees the truth of my statement as I want children to suffer and die.

It's really as crappy an argument as one can make. It's not even a logical fallacy. It's just crap, but Barry calls it discussion, and in the future the thoughts that DK bestowed upon me might be considered crimes against humanity.

I can't tell where crazy idiots will take what's left of civilization, so I am just covering my ass... and personally losing friends to colon cancer. My experiences mean nothing. It's all about agendas, and if I can't help forward those, what good am I?

Tidewater

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »

YZ wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 00:19

Bill_Urick wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 00:50

Barry Hufker wrote on Fri, 21 January 2011 15:27

A black guy got to be president and the racists went (even more) insane.

Thank you for a perfect example of left-wing tactics to attempt to shut down issue based discussion by name calling and character assassination.

Way to set a Christian example, my brother.

Not.

Hmmm...  like saying that Obama:

- Is not an US Citizen;
- Is a Terrorist;
- Is Muslim (therefore not Christian? or the intention was to reinforce the 'terrorist' libel?);
- Is a Communist;
- All other stuff that was said about him by Republicans during the campaign and is still said today by republicans and tea-somethings?

NOT name calling? NOT character assassination? 'Christian' examples? Did the party raised any opposition to those outlandish accusations?

gimme a break.

and now for a little humor:

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac195/auto656454/obama-the-gods-must-be-crazy.jpg

ME TROLLING?

YZ

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2011, 12:18:24 PM »

Hey Miles, where is the trolling part of my quoted post above?

If it is the humor part where I placed the picture, I can remove it if it's offensive.

But the rest of the text is a direct reply to Bill's statements that only the 'left' does character assassination, etc. and it would be up to him to rebate what I wrote, if he so wishes.
regards,

YZ

Tidewater

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »

The topic was one thing, and then blammo.

Bill is right. I got the shutdown notice here.

Wireline

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »

Barry, when you said:

Quote:

You have to remember that the Republicans' mission is one thing and one thing only. It is as Mitch McConnell is on record saying -- to keep Obama from being re-elected in 2012 and to undo all he has accomplished. A black guy got to be president and the racists went (even more) insane. So any form of health care that doesn't benefit big business is anathema to them.

Is this a true reflection of how you feel about Republicans, and about why they are attempting to reverse the so called Obamacare?

If this is the case, then I'm afraid my friend you are misunderstanding the entire situation.  It goes much MUCH deeper than the superficialities you mentioned (which are simply false, based on what I know of Republicans in my part of the world)

C'mon man...if you are not willing to at least consider they may be doing these things because they honesty and truly believe they are doing what is best as they see it based on Constitutional interpretation and the voices of their constituents, then there really is no hope for any of us, is there?  This matter will be just one of the thousands of others that will eventually rip the nation into no more than warring factions...

As much as all parties make me want to vomit, I still have some degree, however slight, that perhaps some actions in congress are being done as a result of the voice of the people who put them there, and most polling data I've seen from all angles suggests most people want HRC repealed and reworked.

Jes saying man....
Ken Morgan
Wireline Studio
Midland, Texas
www.wirelinestudio.com

Barry Hufker

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2011, 01:58:11 PM »

I love your optimism.  I am 57.  I've seen enough of politics to know who has your interest at heart and who doesn't.  If you don't think racism is part of the Right-Wing agenda then look at Arizona as evidence.

I want to keep this thread on track but here is McConnell saying the most important thing is to get rid of Obama.
 http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40007802/ns/politics-decision_20 10/

Now back to health care:
1. Americans are already rationing health care based on the current system
 http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/americans-self-rationing- health-care

2. "Red" states have the worst health care:
 http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/red-states-unhealthiest-r esidents-worst-health-care

3. Here, then, is the Republican 10-Point Plan for Health Care (which is not to change anything).
   1.   50 Million Uninsured in America
   2.   Another 25 Million Underinsured
   3.   Employer-Based Coverage Plummets Below 60%
   4.   Employer Health Costs to Jump by 9% in 2010
   5.   One in Five Americans Forced to Postpone Care
   6.   62% of U.S. Bankruptcies Involve Medical Bills
   7.   Current Health Care Costs Already Fueling Job Losses
   8.   94% of Health Insurance Markets in U.S Now "Highly Concentrated" -- in other words, in the hands a limited number of companies.
   9.   Dramatic Decline in Emergency Room Capacity
   10.   Perpetuating Red State Health Care Failure

Notice how there are no conservative voices in the thread anymore.  They complain they have been "shutdown" here.  Once confronted with facts they have no rebuttal...  

mgod

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »

Jay Kadis wrote on Thu, 20 January 2011 13:24

Removing the profit motive from health care seems to me to be the first step towards a maximally functional while still affordable system.

Removing the profit motive from health care is the first step toward being a semblance of a civilized nation. There is not a philosophical or spiritual tradition at any point in Western OR Eastern history that sanctions benefiting from another's misfortune. Not even Ayn Rand. We certainly can't declare ourselves to be a Judeo-Christian nation and still permit it.
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Jay Kadis

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »

Wireline wrote on Sat, 22 January 2011 10:21

C'mon man...if you are not willing to at least consider they may be doing these things because they honesty and truly believe they are doing what is best as they see it based on Constitutional interpretation and the voices of their constituents, then there really is no hope for any of us, is there?  This matter will be just one of the thousands of others that will eventually rip the nation into no more than warring factions...
What they are doing is what is best to preserve the "free market" idea that everything should be profitable for those who have cornered the market.  They use the constitution as a bludgeon when it suits their goal and ignore it when it does not.  This kind of politics is not new, but I hope at some point we will grow as a nation and realize we are being taken advantage of by manipulative wealthy interests that are NOT the interests of the majority of citizens.  They're just putting words in our mouths.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 15 queries.