R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theft From My Shop: David John Hinson Pleads No Contest, is Sentenced  (Read 67572 times)

John Bailey

Re: Theft From My Shop: David John Hinson Pleads No Contest, is Sentenced
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »

MODS HAVE EDITED OUT THE INFORMATION FORMERLY CONTAINED IN THIS POST, AS IT IS PERSONAL.

THANK YOU.
---------------------------
John Bailey
Toronto, Canada
http://johnbeetlebailey.com
http://thedriveshed.com

Howard B.

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »

Well, well, well Smile I seem to have stirred the bee hive!

If you re-read my first paragraph above, you should, hopefully, read that I did not seek sympathy, nor attempt to make excuses for crimes commited.
As I stated, my intention was to put an end to the numerous 2nd and 3rd hand incorrect psychiatric diagnoses that were posted here.
At no time did I attempt to lay blame on anyone who may be a victim of crime.  

I also attempted, maybe rather poorly, to paraphrase David's own feelings regarding being 100% responsible for his actions.

As Power Of Attorney, my obligations are purely to deal with financial affairs.  Among other financial matters, this includes the ability to make financial resitution on David's behalf where it is found necessary.
Indeed, I have already written to Mr Kulka with that aim in mind.  I am, as yet, unable to match all of the names in my documentation to some posters here due to some of them being... dare I say - anonymous!
I do have a letter ready for a Mr Kean (who I recently discovered was 'Phantom309') and his solicitor which will be sent post haste.
I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest idea who MGOD is.  It sounds like he has legitimate grievances and it would help if I could have a name to match the persona.  If you could kindly send me a message MGOD, I shall be able to send you the relevant P.O.A. document so that we may communicate with the aim of restitution and resolution.  I have, in the last week, succesfully negotiated an agreement regarding an outstanding contract.

Having said all this, are my postings here still invalid?

I would like to add that I do regret that my personal feelings were allowed to escape onto the page and cloud the issues.   Yes, there is much wrong with both of our country's penal systems.  

However, I was not referring to the US penal system.  My anger was - still is - directed purely at the illegal detaining of non citizens - wordwide - who are detained indefinitely without contact with family and friends and, in some cases, are treated with brutality and torture by persons who are ill equiped to hold such positions.
I shall remove this portion of my prior post.  Please accept my apology.

It is indicative of the internet that people sat in their homes feel entitled to post whatever they desire, without thought for truth, repercussions or other persons privacy.  Gone is the old code of ethics because, now, everyone is a self-proclaimed journalist, judge, jury, analyst et al.

While you are busy looking up my information and posting phone numbers online, feel free to also look up a Mrs Stephanie Watkin and a Mr Robert Findlow.  One is a Solicitor, the other a Detective Inspector with Greater Manchester Police.  

Together with an employee of the US Justice department, we are all providing our services Pro Bono in a collective good faith effort to deal with David's outstanding issues.

Our time spent on this is our own and is given freely.  We do not welcome phone calls during our working hours and at our places of employment.  I do hope the management or moderator of this site is taking note.  
I am reluctant to post on here my email address and personal information for fear of spam.  I am happy to accept messages from ligitimate claimants however so fire away.

Sincerely.  

mgod

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2011, 05:37:39 PM »

My name is Dan Schwartz. David/John stole 2 Telefunken (Siemens) V-72 mic amplifiers from me. These were previously modified by James Gangwer -  rack mounted, with input (on the amplifier itself) and output level controls  and a DI input (on the rack-mounting panel). I sent them to John for some basic maintenance at the end of 2004 and never saw them again. Several times we sat at lunch and he told me he was trying to replace them, that his wife was keeping him from them. But every time I found a pair for him to buy he had some reason for not doing it.

I doubt that stirring the hive serves your client.

Identities are available here without much effort.
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Howard B.

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »

mgod wrote on Sat, 05 February 2011 22:37

My name is Dan Schwartz.

Thank you Dan. I will search the documents I have for your email address and contact you.

I doubt that stirring the hive serves your client.

It really depends on the intended result and the client.  In this particular case, you are most likely correct.

Identities are available here without much effort.

So I see from experience.  

Thank you.

PP

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2011, 06:34:13 PM »

Quote: "I seem to have stirred the bee hive!"

Your efforts.

On the defendants behalf.

Will be welcomed and appreciated by many.

However, they won't resolve the matter finally or settle the bees.

Not until the honey is all back in the beehive, and the beekeeper is fully satisfied.

I'm afraid this Fora truly is the nearest thing to a genuine, Recording Industry Discussion Platform.

It's always been a tight knit field, but the dissipation of Large Studio's and the rise of Independent Producer Studios.

Mean this gathering of Professional Expertise, is an unparalleled resource, where members have an interdependently supportive relationship.

An act against one, is thus potentially, an act against everyone who posts here, that enjoy  relationships, characterised by mutual respect and overriding trust.

Personally, I greatly value your intervention, and hope you can fully reconcile all the outstanding issues involved. That you have chosen to do this in your own time, speaks well of you.

But I am afraid it may be seen as a forlorn attempt to head off a direct legal confrontation over International Boundaries that will not be in the best interests of your client, in any way, shape or form.

You are attempting to act in the best interests of your client aren't you?

However.

That will obviously.

Not necessarily be in the automatic best interest of the Victims.

Who may well feel that in addition to the restoration of what was stolen or its true equal value today.

Very substantial compensation should be promptly forthcoming, to redress the lost time and money involved, for them.

In Recording Studio work, time equates to money very directly, quite apart from the emotional turmoil in dealing with all these matters.

I appreciate your post and all you are doing on your clients behalf, however if you believe that this is likely to make the Victims here, back right off.

I have to tell you, that their track record of dealing with miscreants, is to publicly crucify them, and be relentless in applying that pressure on a continuing basis.

You may have to rethink your stratagem.

Provided that's what it is.

Professionally.

Your client.

Is finished.

Quote : "This is not an anonymous forum."

Quite!

With respect to the individual involved.

As a trained and experienced representative of the legal profession.

It would have behoved him to have taken the elementary step of familiarising himself with the prerequisite Fora rules.

This lamentably appalling lack of respect for detail, does not bode well for his defendant, who will no doubt be fully relying on his Professional assiduity.

I write this.

Because although the plaintiff.

Will be severely distressed at the crime to his business.

David Kulka is known to be an 'Oak of Quality', both as a Man, and at his Profession.

We know what he stands for, what he is about, his Values, and Highly Regard Him by Hard Won Reputation.

Like us, he will be no doubt be distressed, but not perhaps surprised, to read of the defendants undeniable health problems.

However, it does remain to be seen whether surgery, that involves slicing away a section of Brain, will in fact, ever be finally enacted at all.

As a Conductor, I once gave the Pianist job, to a similarly afflicted individual for two Concerts at The Royal Albert Hall, he acquitted himself very well.

Furthermore the U.S. police force, like the British police force, do a very difficult job, and have at times to handle some extremely difficult to deal with people indeed.

If you feel that there is so strong a case against them, you will no doubt be handing your brief to a Barrister of International Law, and escalating  the matter to a Higher Court altogether.

Rest assured, everyone hereabouts, will welcome the advancement and relish the looming confrontation. All Victims, naturally want to draw such matters, to a equitable, just and finally satisfactory conclusion.

But!

If you don't.

Then this is all obfuscation.

Designed to discombobulate opposition.

Preparation for a plea of Mitigating Circumstance.

What you haven't revealed to us, is what actions the defendant enacted.

To need to be met by such a tremendously robust response, from LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS!

Their job is to serve and protect the public, from those who for whatever reason, indulge in and inflict, CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.

So there are obviously.

Further crimes of which we were not previously cognisant.

That have been enacted by, and that the defendant, is clearly believed to be, personally  responsible for.

I also note that Dan Schwartz another valued member of PSW also claims to have been stolen from by the defendant.

Thank you, for the helpful additional notification of these further crimes,  that continue to strengthen the case, against your client.

They greatly assist in building the case for the prosecution, should these matters ultimately be brought to trial, as the plaintiff would obviously wish.

May I write that the concern and alarm, that I expressed earlier for the good of the defendant, is now far, far greater than ever before, as a result of your revealing letter.

But chiefly, because, YOU, it appears, will be acting on his behalf.

He truly is misfortunate!

Clearly, sorry as we are.

And deeply sympathetic as we might be, to anyone that suffers illness of any kind.  

This in itself, is not adequate defence, nor absolves the individual concerned for the responsibility of restitution and recompensation, to those they have wronged.

Let alone, directly facing up to the dire consequences, the law demands of any successfully convicted criminal. Something according to your letter, the defendant is very earnest to do.

The fact that he has fled the Country in which he was liable to face up to those consequences, all mitigating circumstance aside,  flies in the face of the sincerity, of that easy to make claim across an Oceans Depth.

To most of the people.

Involved in The Music Industry, their High Class Audio Equipment is something akin to a profoundly deep relationship, they treasure, covert and cherish, sometimes more so, than even human ones, if the truth be told.

The unassailable fact is, the reputation of the defendant is now so severely damaged in the Professional Audio Arena that short of an 'Angel', or 'Changing His Identity', it will be difficult for him to ever work successfully, in this field, ever again.

When you write "This would be of no concern to me as it is merely the internet. It is not real life." it is vituperating, disingenuous, hyperbole. Why would a Legal Representative bother to write such a lengthy defence of his Client, in a place of no genuine consequence?

The many thousands of Hit's perhaps?

Many individuals.

That work in The Music Industry, have some form of debilitating illness. Often this is most readily exhibited in difficult to comprehend and control, complexes and incredibly disturbing personality disorders, which those of us highly experienced in dealing with Powerful Artistic Temperaments, have observed, and robustly dealt with for years.

But they do not steal from their employers and their clients, nor flee countries to escape the consequences.

The absolute truth is, some of them seem to be far more trouble altogether!

I believe.

Everyone here will wish the defendant, a speedy full recovery, from all his many ills.

Not least because, he may be able to face the full consequences of his crime, all the sooner.

Something your letter suggests, he is ardently passionate about, thus I'm sure, will not want to resist!

We look forward, to hearing confirmation, this is so.

P

Fenris Wulf

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »

Howard Brooks wrote on Sat, 05 February 2011 22:02

However, I was not referring to the US penal system. My anger was - still is - directed purely at the illegal detaining of non citizens - wordwide - who are detained indefinitely without contact with family and friends and, in some cases, are treated with brutality and torture by persons who are ill equiped to hold such positions.

Sorry, but you REALLY don't sound like a real attorney. An attorney doesn't post anonymously on an internet forum about a pending case and throw in vague allegations of police brutality followed by a gratuitous political rant.

A real attorney certainly doesn't say this:
Quote:

We do not welcome phone calls during our working hours and at our places of employment.

Brain problems? Who knows? It could be real or it could be part of the scam. It could be real AND part of the scam.

A real attorney handles things through the proper channels, communicates with the injured parties through registered letters, and keeps his mouth shut until the client's day in court. If other people are posting false information on the Internet, he sends them a cease and desist letter.

If "Howard Brooks" contacts any forum members, I would advise them NOT to reply or give him any personal information or contact information.
RESIST THE CYBERNETIC OVERLORDS
KDVS Studio A

Howard B.

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »

Dear PP,
It is late here and  my day is coming to a close so I must be brief.
I greatly enjoyed your poetic and aesthetically eloquent response...
A couple of clarifications if I may:
David  plead ‘no contest’ to the case involving Mr Kulka back in 2010.
He served his time in full within the medical wing of a California County Jail.
There was no court ordered restitution awarded Mr Kulka because the item(s) had already been recovered.
However, and again, I have contacted Mr Kulka privately to discuss further restitution.  
I believe it is really up to Mr Kulka to decide whether or not he wishes to discuss this matter with the readers.  I cannot make that decision.  Nor, naturally, could, or would I object if he so chooses to do so.

David did not fly the coup back to the UK to avoid prosecution.  Upon release from the County Jail, where there any outstanding warrants, he would have been held pending arraignment.

He was though taken to a privately-contracted Homeland Security detention centre.

Now, I acknowledge this is not the correct platform for this, but I would ask you to step aside a minute and ask yourself what you might do if you found yourself in a country faced with possibly only two choices:

1/ Continue to be held indefinitely, for possibly 6 years (there were some who had indeed been there longer for want of anywhere else to go), without contact with your family.  To witness and to be the victim of vicious brutality, forced nakedness, loud music piped in the room throughout the night, changed or missed vital medications.  Several deaths of fellow detainees ... Or

2/ Seek help through your Embassy to be released and returned to your country of origin so you may receive the medical attention you require.

You have asked what crimes David commited while being detained to warrant such action.  None.
Homeland Security does not play by the same rules as anyone else.  

Lastly, I thank you for your appraisal of my inability to handle David’s financial affairs.  
Thank heavens for him that there are three others to check my work Wink

Goodnight.

Fenris Wulf

« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2011, 08:29:44 PM »

I do not believe the story about the "privately-contracted Homeland Security detention centre." Homeland Security is not concerned with simple theft.

I've encountered scammers in the past, and this is ringing a lot of alarm bells. This person should be treated with extreme skepticism until his story and identity can be verified.

At the very least, he picked an inappropriate venue to discuss his client's case.
RESIST THE CYBERNETIC OVERLORDS
KDVS Studio A

Howard B.

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »

Fenris Wulf wrote on Sun, 06 February 2011 01:06

Sorry, but you REALLY don't sound like a real attorney. An attorney doesn't post anonymously on an internet forum about a pending case...

...If "Howard Brooks" contacts any forum members, I would advise them NOT to reply or give him any personal information or contact information.

Good grief! There is no pending case.  
I merely wish to act in David's best interests which involves resolving outstanding issues.

No matter, I have contacted Dan Schwatz (thank you Dan) and also David Kulka. Should anyone else wish to speak with me then maybe Dan or David would be willing to kindly pass on my email information.

I'll take my leave and leave you to it.

By the by Mr Wulf, anyone at all may act as someone's Power Of Attorney.  It would not matter one iota if David had picked his Mother or yourself for the job.

Howard B.

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2011, 08:43:42 PM »

Fenris Wulf wrote on Sun, 06 February 2011 01:29

I do not believe the story about the "privately-contracted Homeland Security detention centre." Homeland Security is not concerned with simple theft.

I believe some of your esteemed associates may be able to answer that one for you.
Homeland Security heads what was the I.N.S.

?

J.J. Blair

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2011, 09:01:55 PM »

I do know this: Before the David Kulka situation, people involved with John were trying to get him to return to the UK for treatment under National Health.  He was suffering from very debilitating depression.  

I can find out about INS.  Also, anybody posting on John's behalf, whether a real person or a sock puppet, has to know that the people on this forum have easy access to knowing if that story is true or not, so I don't dismiss the story off hand.  Nor do I accept it, without question.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Fletcher

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2011, 01:43:00 AM »

Howard B. wrote on Sat, 05 February 2011 20:40

I merely wish to act in David's best interests which involves resolving outstanding issues.

Well Ace - you're off to a piss poor start on that task... if you were sincerely interested in being of assistance you would have contacted the parties that had logged a grievance privately in an attempt to settle the problem quietly rather than dragging this shit out into the public again.

While I sincerely wish Mr. Hinson the best of luck with his life and his future, I also sincerely hope he finds a better spokesperson.  Dragging this thread up from the dead is probably one of the stupidest things you could have possibly done from a "public relations" perspective.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

ssltech

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2011, 09:30:05 AM »

Fletcher wrote

Dragging this thread up from the dead is probably one of the stupidest things you could have possibly done from a "public relations" perspective.

Indeed.

After I learned of Mr. Hinson's transgression against Mr. Kulka (who is as solid a gentleman as one could hope to meet -in ANY line of business) I learned about one other who -out of great dignity and decency is NOT posting here, who had also tried to help DJH.

After that, I spoke to another person about the sad turn of events, and it appears that this person may well have purchased some items from Mr. Hinson which were NOT Mr. Hinson's legal property to sell. -At the time, he thought it was just a GREAT bargain, and given Mr. Hinson's employer at the time, it wasn't entirely unfeasible. The items in question were BRAND NEW, it should be noted... and not V72's. Probably not worth raking everything up. Again.

If it came to anything such as a subpoena, I'd be prepared to share the information, but I have no wish to drag my friend into the whole viper's-nest of legal action, so I won't.

So why do I mention this now? -because I'm not 100% convinced that 'Howard' might not be DJH posting under a 'smokescreen' user name; Not a situation which I'd ordinarily consider so readily, but since DJH has a history of doing exactly that on this and other fora, I can't help but give it some consideration.

Anyhow, the more it drags on, and the more that things are exhumed and re-exposed to the bleaching sunlight of public discussion, the more that other people out there might also arrive at similar epiphanies.

If I could have one wish granted about all of this, please make it this: please make sure that David/John gets help. -I remember corresponding briefly with him years ago and discovering that he was about the same age as myself, and from the same part of the country. -I remember feeling glad that others from my area and era would be acting as 'ambassadors' for the English North-West. Unfortunately I'm saddened, but my main concern is that he -or his agents- should focus on healing, and not on addressing an understandably shredded public reputation.

I don't believe that Dan has acted in any way impatiently or indecently.

I don't believe that it's impossible we've not heard from everyone who may feel 'foolish' as a result of having their trust abused.

There's a lot I don't believe, it seems.

But most firmly of all, I don't believe that this line of action is in ANY way in "your client" DJH's best interest. Google "Adrian Gozun" to see why furthering public discussion can serve no useful purpose.

Respectfully,
Keith Andrews
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

David Kulka

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2011, 12:23:51 PM »

I'm coming back to this thread a little late, as I didn't see the "Howard" replies and the other new ones until yesterday.

Last week I received an email from "Howard" asking for details of the civil case I had won against Hinson. I was amused by the florid language, which had that Nigerian "trying to sound official but not nearly succeeding" scammer vibe.
http://www.studioelectronics.biz

Service & Restoration of UREI dbx Neve Eventide Marshall AMS Tube Gear and more

Fletcher

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 12:40:08 PM »

...and that boys and girls brings a conclusion to our broadcast day.

This thread will be locked, and NOT transferred to the "new forums" which will be going "100% live" on 1 March 2011.  This tripe will remain in the archives in perpetuity... one of the good or bad things about the internet depending on your perspective.

I hope you all have a lovely day.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.