R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forum?  (Read 12115 times)

MI

New Forum?
« on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »

not right now

MI

MagnetoSound

Re: New Forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »

Spooky.

Also, PSW went offline here at around 9.00pm local time. Happened the other day too.

'sup, y'all?

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

trock

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »

maybe we are getting a makeover?

probably lots of cool features in a newer PHP that make a forum run easier and better?

bigbone

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 07:01:25 PM »

Cool a facelift....... Very Happy
I hope they will get rid of my wrinkle......

JN

Larrchild

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 07:07:43 PM »

With all due respect to the most excellent content here, it seldom loads properly, or on the first try for me. Also, the 2.5 hrs it's down every day are when I'm most lucid! lol. I hope that like other popular sites, backup can occur in the background! Wink
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

Gio

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »

Larrchild wrote on Fri, 07 January 2011 19:07

With all due respect to the most excellent content here, it seldom loads properly, or on the first try for me. Also, the 2.5 hrs it's down every day are when I'm most lucid! lol. I hope that like other popular sites, backup can occur in the background! Wink

Thanks to recent bouts of insomnia I now know that PSW is off-line between 4 and 6 AM!
Giovanni Fusco

On Staff Here

My Place

Press record. Enjoy!

bblackwood

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 08:41:29 PM »

We're considering some changes, but they aren't ready for prime time...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 08:42:19 PM »

What happens during those 2 hours ?    main frame backing up or something?
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Fletcher

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »

Yep - it was indeed mainframe backup.

The "new forums" are actually on-line now so please go to the top of the page - hit "Forums" - find R/E/P and register.

The R/E/P forums will have its own log-in and sign up / registration criteria and will be separate from the LAB and other forums within a week or so.

The current forums will be 100% archived in a "read only" format - and some selected threads will be brought from the archives to the new forums [not all but some].  You will of course be welcome to start [or re-start] any thread you would like once we move into the new house.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to post them in my forum [I don't get down here all that often] and I will do my level best to address them as quickly as possible... in the meanwhile, the whole move is a good thing, and it appears that things will flow much better than they have in the past.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.