R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Extremism's explosive effects....... (formally Sarah/Nana???)  (Read 40549 times)

Tidewater

Re: Extremism's explosive effects....... (formally Sarah/Nana???)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 08:35:51 AM »

Crap this thing is messing up pictures.

index.php/fa/16173/0/
Time Magazine's 2007 Man of the Year

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »

While China invests in their infrastructure, and mexico is now the 14th richest country in the world- this is what we bicker about.      While we waste all of our money on killing people, India is becoming our workforce.  The fact that S Palin is more than a housewife, just represents how truly f$%^$cked we are.  

The only thing that matters in America is a few news corporations make profits, some low level congressman get re-elected, and Bankers make money faster than usual.   All at the cost of our entire way of life.     Still no one is directing their frustrations at the bankers that juice a mortgage bubble, and refuse to loan to small business- and the politicians that filibuster low level appointees just so they can get a 3 min news clip that day on the 24 hr news channels!!!!

But hey, at least we still have cutting edge music, oh wait- thats gone too!!!!   Enjoy the "target vs. crosshairs" debate!!

cheers

"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

ssltech

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »

jonathan jetter wrote

sarah palin does not deserve my respect or civility.  

-Actually, this attitude saddens me.

While I loathe what Sarah Palin has come to stand for, the day we can't be civil to one another is a very sad day.

I would say that -even though I dislike the movement which she fronts- she should be entitled to my civility I suppose... although I require that this be a two-way arrangement.

I do not hold high hopes that she has the class.
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

Tidewater

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »

I only wish her name was unknown so we could work at fixing issues, instead of waiting for saviours.

The lady gets a bad wrap. She deserves some of it, maybe. She isn't Barney Frank retarded. That guy is criminally insane.

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 10:06:24 AM »

Nobody would know her name if John Mccain did not have the deep inability to not see Barrack Obama as anything more than a celebrity "fluke", therefore reacting by creating a true celebrity "fluke".  Maybe those dark skinned eyes looking at him through cell bars during his many years of captivity had something to do with that perspective.

The thing that always got me was, with all those years being tortured and mal-nourished in captivity, that has to do some damage to a mans heart/body.   Thus making it way too possible for this prom queen to be the leader of the free world with him having way too big of a chance of dying at his age of natural causes if elected!!!    I would not want her in charge of my Studio , let alone my country!!  That shit is really scary!!   Its really insulting actually!!!

Damn it!! just when I take the high road two posts back, they drag me back down to the mud!! Smile
"When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point."  -Alan Watts

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »

If this is who you choose out of all the people on this planet as the "smartest" and most "experienced"!!  You have serious problems!!  How the hell any grown adult can hold up a Palin sign and smile is wayyy beyond me!!   Come on?!?!?   This is not Republican/conservative  bashing- there is a lot of smart people who use that label and are very valuable to our country, its just calling a joke a joke!!!

The fact that these people go from G W to Palin when there are many smart people in their camp will always be a mystery to me!!    

Strummer

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »

"What's so funny about peace love and understanding"

Paul Cavins

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 11:18:27 AM »

Strummer wrote on Sun, 16 January 2011 10:53

"What's so funny about peace love and understanding"

Amen to that. The Three Stooges slapping each other is what is funny.

Tidewater

Jay Kadis

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »

"It's the media, stupid!"

As long as there's money in stirring the pot, they will.

jonathan jetter

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »

ssltech wrote on Sun, 16 January 2011 09:01

jonathan jetter wrote

sarah palin does not deserve my respect or civility.  

-Actually, this attitude saddens me.

she is stupid.  she is shameless.  and she has left my country worse off than it was before she started her career.  i want nothing to do with her, nor with anyone who follows her.

while we're all busy being nice to each other, the banks and the politicians are robbing us blind.  those who operate under the guise of "conservatism" are often the worst offenders (Ron Paul being a notable exception).  it doesn't matter if you and i think class warfare is real or not, because the other side has already made that decision.

el duderino

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »

Paul Cavins wrote on Fri, 14 January 2011 22:25

The perp is mentally ill. The great forces of fire that rage in our political debate did not influence this guy.

We shouldn't be learning lessons from deranged wack jobs.

I have no problem discussing the merits of moderation in political discourse, but this is not the occasion. We will do damage to the truth if we allow this event to draw the parameters of debate.

We shouldn't conveniently use this tragedy to advance any ideas about anything, except sorrow, and maybe about how we deal with severely mentally ill people.

PC

Exactly. I don't understand how the left and right continue to blame each other and now some on the left are calling for bringing back the assault weapons ban.

The prudent thing to do, imo, would be to address dealing with mentally ill people. Which would probably be a hell of a lot harder to do and would certainly include keeping guns out of their hands anyway. But "assault weapons ban" is a catchy sound bite, for both sides.

Gio

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »

jonathan jetter wrote on Sun, 16 January 2011 17:05

she is stupid.  she is shameless.  and she has left my country worse off than it was before she started her career.

Man, you give her waaaay too much credit.
Giovanni Fusco

On Staff Here

My Place

Press record. Enjoy!

Bubba#$%Kron

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »

Th truth is its all a big chess game.  The left feeds into this hoping that she splits the republican party.   Now that she cant rile up anger after the tuscon shootings, shes done!!!

I'd still bang the shit out her, willow's pretty hot too!!!!

ssltech

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 05:47:07 PM »

Bubba#$%Kron wrote

I'd still bang the shit out her, willow's pretty hot too!!!!

See... -THIS is the sort of respectful, civil discussion which I'm thinking about.

-Seriously though, while I REALLY don't like Sarah Palin, while I HATE the idea of having as leader who may be significantly less clever than I am, and while I surely dislike many of the principles, there are some basic fundaments which -for me- delineate the thin end of the wedge.

If we can't have a civil discussion just because we don't like someone, then I don't believe that we'll ever be able to move forward.

If anyone reading what I write doesn't agree with me, or holds an entirely contrary opinion or feeling, that's PERFECTLY fine. -But if they think that -because I'm somehow "wrong" that the basic requirement that they don't treat me like I'm less than a nugget of dung doesn't apply... then I want no part of a society which believed that to be in ANY way acceptable.

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.