R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Do build quality standards mean anything to the Chinese?  (Read 13540 times)

Offline Fletcher

Re: Do build quality standards mean anything to the Chinese?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 08:51:17 am »
mell wrote on Fri, 18 February 2011 17:28

why wouldnt they have any motivation to do that? the domestic market is a different market then what they sell to us, ..they can and are producing state of the art "products" , we just dont see it cause the export is simply build by the lowest bidder

Is this first hand knowledge - and can you cite reference material that supports your statement... or is this conjecture.  

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Offline jazzbass

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 06:48:33 am »
Barry Hufker wrote on Mon, 10 January 2011 07:07

Yes, at least one "audio technology" is beautifully made -- Eastman guitars.  While not specifically "audio" but rather "musical", Eastman guitars are gorgeous instruments rivaling the best of anyone's.  They are hand-made in China. I own the PG1 and it is simply a marvelous instrument.

Barry

Except they seem to use "green" wood sometimes. I've seen 3 beautifully figured double basses crack (top cracks) and 2 archtop jazz guitars crack.

bob
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong".

Offline Barry Hufker

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »
I haven't seen more Eastman guitars than the one I own.  It is fabulous.

Barry