R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mimicing acoustic sound dispersal with speakers  (Read 2791 times)

ted nightshade

mimicing acoustic sound dispersal with speakers
« on: August 24, 2004, 02:45:55 PM »

Hello,

I have long admired how the leslie acts practically like an acoustic instrument- it disperses sound every which way, but in a circle not a sphere like a drum, say. I'd like to do the same thing with hifi type sounds. Like voices.

The idea is for everything to disperse sound in a similar way, amplified and non-amplified instruments alike. Not where the acoustic instruments throw sound everywhere and the speakers act directionally- impossible to get the mix natural all around.

Bose has this PAS mini-line-array-on-a-pole thing that seems very much like the right idea except it's not stellar quality and really I would like to use tube amps, because for my money they throw the sound more like acoustic instruments do. Try swapping out the leslie amp with a solid state amp, and it dies- the sound never makes it out of the leslie it seems. I'm thinking it will be similar with some kind of thing with direct speakers pointing all around. Does such a thing exist on a scale to fit with acoustic drums for instance?

Also there's the possibility of having some kind of thing for bass with the speaker pointing down into a reflector like a leslie but not spinning and equally distributing 360 degrees.

Can y'all see what I'm getting at? Any ideas?
Ted Nightshade aka Cowan

There's a sex industry too.
Or maybe you prefer home cookin'?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.