R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Manley Reference Cardioid - Chinese capsule?  (Read 18450 times)

J.J. Blair

Re: Manley Reference Cardioid - Chinese capsule?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »

KB_S1 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2010 15:25

J.J. Blair wrote on Fri, 03 September 2010 20:57

And personally, I would use a these Feilo capsules before I'd ever use a Peluso capsule.

What's up with the Peluso mic's?

I have not had any opportunity to try them yet but my usual kit supplier is now pushing them. I thought they looked interesting, good value and worth a punt. Lots of good reviews out there too.

I have never personally cared that much for their sound.  I find them to be too "exciting."  

Also, a good friend was using their capsules, and stopped, because of the unreliability.  Of the last batch of 100, he told me that he sent 75 back.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

compasspnt

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »

Klaus Heyne wrote on Sat, 04 September 2010 20:20

compasspnt wrote on Fri, 03 September 2010 10:48

Merely the fact that a capsule is made in China does not by definition make it terrible.

There are a couple of good capsules made there, based in fact and in part upon direct input from Gefell.

Tell us more. News to me that MG collaborates with Chinese capsule manufacturers.

I was quoting third party information I have heard several times regarding consultation years ago, not today...for instance, in posts such as this:

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/322664/6490/?sr ch=gefell+china#msg_322664

Oliver Archut

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »

The information I got was direct from Gefell and from the Chinese, in the 1950 and 60s Gefell trained several engineers form the PRC, as well as sending techs to China evaluating their capsules.
On account of their last sales manager, Frank, there is still some information exchange.

Best regards,

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

Klaus Heyne

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 03:06:56 AM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Sat, 04 September 2010 17:31

[ (...)
Also, a good friend was using their capsules, and stopped, because of the unreliability.  Of the last batch of 100, he told me that he sent 75 back.  

J.J., you probably know the rules here quite well. You'll have to reveal the source in order to avoid "third party / hear say" accusations.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks
www.GermanMasterworks.com

J.J. Blair

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 03:21:59 AM »

Klaus, sorry.  I wasn't sure if I was in violation.  Feel free to delete that.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.