R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you happy, or disgusted?  (Read 19246 times)

Samc

Re: Are you happy, or disgusted?
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »

Bill_Urick wrote on Fri, 22 October 2010 11:43

You say it is. Jon says it isn't.
Not trying to link the two arguments, but what is true?

See Jon's response

Quote:

I'm saying that invoking a racial argument is invalid and lame.

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but aren't  these statements invalid and lame:
Quote:

The all out take over is coming. Better convert and start facing Mecca now, before it is too late....

And:

I have no problem with Muslims, though how do you know you can trust any one of them? How do we know that every single one that you know of in their convenience stores they own and work in here isn't funding terrorism?

Quote:

Let's say someone, (Juan Williams, for example?) expresses some misgivings regarding Muslims.

Quote:

"You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

Notice Juan specifically mentioned "garb".

I'm sure what Juan really meant was that he doesn't like Muslims because they're "brown people".

Which is really what you guys are saying.

That's what you are saying I'm saying...

Quote:

Concerned about Militant-Islamic threats to national security?

You're a racist.

Don't like the healthcare bill?

You're a racist.

Think the federal government should enforce existing immigration law?

You're a racist.

This shit just makes me tired.

Stop making up shit , this debate has nothing to do with the things you mentioned above and you know it!
Sam Clayton

Samc

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2010, 08:33:06 PM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Fri, 22 October 2010 22:45

I can't figure out why it isn't obvious to everyone as to why I would hate those people, with all the horrific killing they do for publicity, and their twisted extremist beliefs.

Every reasonable, well thinking person dislikes all terrorists and all forms of terrorism.  But reasonable, well thinking people know that not all muslims, or everybody who 'looks' like them are not terrorist or terrorist sympathizers.  
Sam Clayton

Jon Hodgson

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2010, 07:36:02 PM »

Adam The Truck Driver wrote on Fri, 22 October 2010 22:45

I can't figure out why it isn't obvious to everyone as to why I would hate those people, with all the horrific killing they do for publicity,

I can't figure out why you think anyone has an issue with you being against terrorists or their backers.
Quote:

It's the acts of terrorism by a group who all happen to look the same, talk the same, & have the same religion, and have heritage from mostly the middle east

Let me see, in the past decade we've had major islamic terrorist acts from, amongst others...

Saudi born and raised Arabs in 9/11

And London born man of Jamaican and English parentage (Richard Reid, shoe bomber).

Three guys born and raised in England, of Pakistani descent, and a Jamaican born man on 7/7

A number of attacks by Chechen islamists.

Indonesians bombing nightclubs in Bali

Killings in Thailand.. by Thai muslims

So no, these people don't look the same, talk the same, or have the same heritage.

They do have the same religion...

But then so do over one and a half billion people, or 23% of the world's population.

Or is it just arab muslim terrorists you have an issue with?

Thinking you can identify the dangerous group by their look is misguided and potentially dangerous if people who are supposed to be vigilant for such things share that misconception, they're more likely to miss the real dangers. It also has the distinct danger of leading to a bigoted attitude towards a whole racial or cultural group, most of whom are quite innocent.

And no I don't like terrorists.

QUEEF BAG

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2010, 02:29:13 AM »

wow   looking at this i am disgusted

i want to respond, but i remember the advice -

never get into an argument with an idiot.
he will just drag you down to his level
and beat you with experience.

so...it's been rainy the last few days in the northwest here...

Adam The Truck Driver

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »

It wasn't my intent for this thread to become all about militant extremist muslims but that is the direction people wanted it to go I suppose. Therefore...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39911024/ns/us_news-airliner_sec urity/?GT1=43001

Must be those rowdy Scottish at it again. You know how they hate & want to kill everyone that isn't Scottish. Rolling Eyes
Adam Brown

No File Selected.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 16 queries.