R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: !!NEW DATE- August 1, 2010 - R.I.P.T. (Poker Tournament)!!  (Read 3263 times)

Reitzas

If you are reading this, then you are invited to the 2nd annual Recording Industry Poker Tournament to be held at The Village Recording Studios in West L.A. on July 25th, 2010.

Last July, over 100 players from our industry met up at the world famous Village Recording Studio's ballroom for an afternoon of fun and friendly competition. We played Texas Hold ‘Em competing for some amazing prizes that were donated by leading equipment and software manufacturers. We managed to raise over $7,000 for Sound Art L.A (http://www.soundartla.org ), an organization that provides music education for children of all ages, giving them access to the tools of popular music and the guidance of professional musicians as instructors.

(1rst Annual Recording Industry Poker Tournament Wrap-up Video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UybLqoceC0

Between now and the tournament, I'll be working hard to put this event together with the help of veteran event coordinator Karen Dunn, (owner of KMD Productions), Jeff Greenberg (CEO of The Village Recorders), Damon Gramont (Bricasti & Summit), and countless other volunteers.

This tournament is for anyone who is in any way connected to the recording industry and you don't need to be an expert poker player to participate. In fact, many of last year’s participants had never played in a live tournament before that day. It's an afternoon specifically created for us to see old friends and meet new ones.

Putting together this tournament was and is truly a labor of love. The idea was born with the sole purpose of finding a way to bring our community closer together while also trying to do something good for the future of the industry.

Soon we will re-open our website for registration and to view details about the tournament, along with a full list of this year's sponsors and donations. Here is the video that I did to announce last year's prizes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYT5kN_hy8&feature=relat ed

Wish me luck on trying to top that for this year!

So please save the date and spread the word. Hope to see you there.

Best,
Dave Reitzas
http://www.reitzas.com

J.J. Blair

Re: Save The Date-July 25th-R.I.P.T.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »

I'm in, again.  Had a really great time last year.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

jwhynot

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »

Shuffle up and deal!  And I want Eddie at my table again.

JW

EDIT: Rats I just realized I'm in the bay area that week mixing Bruce Cockburn…  Maybe a Sunday off and a nice drive down the coast to grab all y'alls's chips
one of both the most and least successful producers of ALL TIME!

Ross Hogarth

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:54 AM »

Man I hope I am in town this year .....
p.s i made this an announcement

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com

Steve Hudson

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 09:07:06 AM »

It was a lot of fun last year, I hope to make the trip.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson

Reitzas

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 02:48:39 AM »

Ross Hogarth wrote on Thu, 13 May 2010 22:12

Man I hope I am in town this year .....
p.s i made this an announcement

Hey Ross,

Really hope you can make it too. Thanks for making this a sticky.

J.J., Whynot, and Steve - Looking froward to seeing you guys again.

Best,
Dave

seedyunderbelly.com

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »

For anyone on the fence...  It was fun last year and while the cash for charity was generous__ it was impressive how generous the prizes for the attendees were also...  Bricasti's Telefunken Elam re-issue..  etc.  If I remember correctly JJ even got some very needed Drum Samples!  How those woking out for you?  Sell your Camco yet?   haha j/k

Joe Giannone

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 01:30:32 AM »

Had a great time last year, although I'm still smarting from having my pocket aces cracked by a surprise flush on the river. Shocked I'll be back again this year if I can swing the time off.

Spindrift

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »

I'm one O thems that had never played before but I made it half way through. My pocket aces got beat too but I got a funny TShirt for that strange twist of fate.  I was awarded a set of the Audio Technica ATH-M50s cans, which surprisingly, have become my favorite set!

It's a blast folks. Do attend.

jwhynot

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 01:26:57 PM »

David -

Yeah I'm workin' on it…  Meanwhile have you been haunting Commerce?  I've been there on a couple of tourneys.  CA State Championship - made it about 10 rounds but was never really running well there.

Been running well at the small Bike tourneys though.  Somewhat better than even money the last few months.

I mean… wait…

Ross Hogarth

Re: !!NEW DATE- August 1, 2010 - R.I.P.T. (Poker Tournament)!!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »

NEW DATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again I can't make it since I will then be on the east Coast

HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!!!!

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com

Reitzas

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »

Ross Hogarth wrote on Wed, 26 May 2010 13:59

.....Again I can't make it since I will then be on the east Coast

Bummer Sad
If possible, I'll try to set up a home game a week before as a warm up, so hopefully you'll be able to be around for that.

Also, thanks for updating the post.

Dave Reitzas

jwhynot

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 02:12:01 PM »

New date works for me!

Home game sounds like fun too.

Looking forward.

JW

feedback loop

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 02:23:00 AM »

I'll be there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 19 queries.