R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wavelab 7 for Mac!  (Read 55171 times)

MoreSpaceEcho

Re: Wavelab 7 for Mac!
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2011, 02:08:18 AM »

you can put 'em on the same track and just add plugs to the individual clips. easier and neater!

Thomas W. Bethel

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2011, 06:43:26 AM »

I have been struggling with WL7 since it came out. We are still using WL6 for all our mastering work with clients. WL7 is still in its "proof" phase and we only use it when there are no clients around. I have used WL since version 1.6 and have always felt it was very easy to use and produced superior results but with this version it feels clunky and a PITA to use. We also had some distortion issues early on which turned out to be some settings in the buffers (????) and it crashed a lot until we put in version 7.01.

We recently purchased an Upgrade to WL7 for our video editing suite. It is the Mac version and I have to say that the GUI looks weird compared to most Mac software and it looks like you are running WL on a PC on a Mac.

Philippe Goutier, the author of WL, is one of the best people around when it comes to authoring DAW software and is available on the WL forums to answer questions. I think in this case he was either too concerned with making the program compatible with MAC or he just took it in the wrong direction for ???? reasons.

Anyway I am still a loyal WL user but until I feel very comfortable with WL7 we will continue to use WL6.

There is NO GOOD DOCUMENTATION with WL7, it does not come with a printed manual and what documentation there is sucks! Now I understand that for $45 you can get a DVD that explains how it works - the DVD is not from Steinberg but even so Steinberg really dropped the ball.

FWIW and YMMV
-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

Bonati

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2011, 08:14:27 PM »

Still not adjusted here either. It's going to take awhile. I'm only using WL7 in a "pitching" capacity at the moment though. No dropouts yet, and I don't have the 7.0.1 update. Using the Lynx AES16eSRC card.

Steinberg & PG should be ashamed for not providing a manual. It shows both laziness and contempt for the user base.
Josh Bonati
Brooklyn, NY
www.bonatimastering.com

Steve Kitch

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »

I am a bit of a sucker for switching to the latest version. I made the jump to v7 for pro work fairly soon after getting it. I've been using Wavelab since the beginning. V7 certainly isn't perfect but there are a lot of improvements that I can no longer live without. Being able to save master presets along with the track file is handy. Especially when transferring between machines. Being able to do DDPs is great. Especially compared to the cost of purchasing even the cheapest alternative. Rendering is quicker. The file browser makes the work flow quicker when opening new files. The Sonnox plugins are ok although I've not had a chance to have a proper play with them yet. Oh and Mac and PC compatibility! These are the key benefits for me plus many smaller ones.
Steve Kitch - Audiomaster
www.audiomaster.co.uk

bkuijt

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »

I really looked forward to WL on mac because I do miss a utility software to quickly open files for preview when I'm not on Pyramix.
But I'm checking out Reaper now instead... so far the logic in WL7 just completely escapes me.
Bastiaan Kuijt  //  BK Audio  //  www.bkaudio.nl

Thomas W. Bethel

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:52 AM »

bkuijt wrote on Fri, 25 February 2011 13:37

so far the logic in WL7 just completely escapes me.

And the same thing can be said by many people using it. It just is not as smooth in operation as WL 6.

One problem is windows disappearing and then later reappearing when you click on something else on the screen. I can do almost anything in WL6 without having to resort to the manual or help file. WL7 is still not very intuitive. PG, the author of WL, says that 7.02 will be a "good" update. Now if only Steinberg would release a manual for WL 7.0 things would be easier and hopefully make the program more "user friendly".

One option I would like to see is one giving the operator the choice between the "old" interface and the "new" one.

One word seems to sum up my feelings about 7.0 and that is "clunky".
-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

soundroid

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2011, 05:53:44 PM »

is wavelab 6 able to generate a ddp file with Cd text?

Joe

Greg Reierson

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:49 PM »

soundroid wrote on Wed, 02 March 2011 16:53

is wavelab 6 able to generate a ddp file with Cd text?

Not natively, but it can export Cue sheets that can be imported by Sonoris DDP Creator.

http://www.sonorissoftware.com/catalog/ddp-creator-p-47.html ?osCsid=df28c24ea33c11cf2cde1947eefc9014

Works great!

GR

soundroid

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »

thanks Greg.

I assume this is the the same for WL7.

Dave Rose

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2011, 08:06:20 AM »

I was undecided about Wavelab...but the fact you can't export DDP  is probably the deciding factor

Greg Reierson

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »

Dave Rose wrote on Sat, 05 March 2011 07:06

I was undecided about Wavelab...but the fact you can't export DDP  is probably the deciding factor

Don't let it be. With Sonoris DDP Creator, it's so easy to export a Cue Sheet and then create a DDP that you'll barely notice you've left Wavelab. Given the choice, I'd rather have WL6 and DDP Creator than WL7 with it's native DDP option.

GR

Table Of Tone

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »

Greg Reierson wrote on Sun, 06 March 2011 03:58

Dave Rose wrote on Sat, 05 March 2011 07:06

Don't let it be. With Sonoris DDP Creator, it's so easy to export a Cue Sheet and then create a DDP that you'll barely notice you've left Wavelab. Given the choice, I'd rather have WL6 and DDP Creator than WL7 with it's native DDP option.

GR

I have to say that I agree with you on that one!

I use WL6 and Sonoris DDPC all the time.

I bought the upgrade for WL7 but will be holding off from properly using it until they bring through the updates to really get it nailed.

bkuijt

« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2011, 05:51:16 PM »

Sorry, please delete
Bastiaan Kuijt  //  BK Audio  //  www.bkaudio.nl

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.