R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wall of Shame-Video  (Read 23368 times)

Caco

Re: The Wall of Shame-Video
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 04:46:23 PM »

I think perhaps I did not express myself properly.

I am criticizing his ideas as well. Nothing personal. I am not saying his is a bad character or a bad person, just that his ideas and his posture throughout this forum are not really appropriate.

I also didn't like some of the comments regarding the VM1-KHE as it has the same tone that this thread has: basically everything that is made nowadays sucks besides the mikes that he's put his hands on, transforming a modern mic that was not special by any means into a jewel.

Truth be told, Klaus is a great professional and we share the love for the old mics and perhaps this thread looks kinda personal because it deals with our passions and beliefs.

compasspnt

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 05:24:48 PM »

I think Klaus works hard to be fair, and to neither criticize nor overly praise any of the modern-made microphones, and especially those he has had a hand in.

Yes, he runs a tight ship. But every time he has deleted one of my posts, I have received a PM explaining why.

All of this takes time, and I think most people here really appreciate it.

If you let an Interwebs Forum get out of hand, it is not a pretty sight.

This is not meant to pander to Klaus, nor is it meant to criticize Caco.

We all have different beliefs.

piedpiper

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »

Caco wrote on Thu, 18 February 2010 15:46

Truth be told, Klaus is a great professional and we share the love for the old mics and perhaps this thread looks kinda personal because it deals with our passions and beliefs.

This goes both ways in that obviously Klaus' passions are evident in the charge behind his judgements of anything but the classic Neumanns. I can certainly relate to the love of beauty driving somewhat less than completely accurate/appropriate expressions. As much as Klaus aspires to the highest integrity he is no less human than the rest of us.

Not to talk as if you aren't here, Klaus. I think there is an understandable vulnerability in sticking your neck out as you do.
Tim Britton

row, row, row your boat...

kats

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 05:52:38 PM »

Caco wrote on Thu, 18 February 2010 15:46

I think perhaps I did not express myself properly.

I am criticizing his ideas as well. Nothing personal. I am not saying his is a bad character or a bad person, just that his ideas and his posture throughout this forum are not really appropriate.

I also didn't like some of the comments regarding the VM1-KHE as it has the same tone that this thread has: basically everything that is made nowadays sucks besides the mikes that he's put his hands on, transforming a modern mic that was not special by any means into a jewel.

With all due respect, understand that sometimes there comes a point in one's life  whereby you've earned the right through dedication, hard work, and respect from your peers, where you can just say things without been taken to task over every bloody detail.

This doesn't mean you have to agree with him, just respect the opinion and the reputation behind it and move on. Maybe he knows something you don't. Maybe he's dead wrong. It is however, a professional opinion - nothing more, nothing less.

Tony K.
http://empirerecording.ca

Entertainment is a bore, communication is where it's at! - Brian Jones 1967

Eric H.

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2010, 06:22:45 PM »

I think we should not mix the forum and what it represents to us, and Klaus' opinions about the state of microphones manufacturing.

Klaus, as a moderator, has helped many people, including me, understand what those old mics are through many many posts and info given away. The forum has become an amazing, very unique resource about mics, thanks to him and some other big hitters that post here.
But no one knows everything, so we come here to share opinions and experiences, and that is what forums are about.

We should accept each others' point of view knowing that it has its rightness in its foundation.

One last element is that around the world, vintage mics have the advantage of being known for much longer than new mics, so you'll obviously find more people talking about their experiences about them.

eric harizanos

Eric H.

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

On the same topic, here is another check at what is being used today, worldwide, in studios to record vocals.
And great music too :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxZtxzI8V0whttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxZtxzI8V0w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9k9qGSy4khttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9k9qGSy4k

In use there:
U47, C12, M149, C800, C12VR and lots of pop filters.

eric harizanos

piedpiper

« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »

nice videos. thanks.
Tim Britton

row, row, row your boat...

Eric H.

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 11:52:32 AM »

If you go to the berbir hancock, the quality is actually better.

I was surprised to see the dimension of this project. In the teaser, we see various number of studios worldwide, including a great classy studio in Paris, Guillaume Tell, where I'd love to work.
eric harizanos

Markus Aalto

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 04:54:33 PM »

Back to the topic Microphones & Haiti.

Michael W. Smith & friends at Ocean Way Nashville:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9RWJCw-M0o

Are those C-12 and U-47 style microphones Peluso made? Looks much like them.
Anyway, that Neumann U-67 sounds really good. There are real U-47 too..

Markus Aalto

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2010, 06:05:49 AM »

Henson (A&M) microphone list:

http://www.hensonrecording.com/PDFs/HensonMicrophoneList.pdf

That Sony C800G is not there.

richg wrote on Sun, 14 February 2010 00:50

the C800G sounded like a C12…with sandpaper

Exactly. Well said.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.