R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info about the current efforts regarding royalties  (Read 847 times)

Blas

Info about the current efforts regarding royalties
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:48:44 PM »

Can anyone kindly point to an organized statement/response towards the current status of this movement (esp. from AES or NARAS).  I seem to be finding only bits and pieces (and I'm not talkin' about the DC5) on this one.

Blas
Conjecture and theory are all well and good...but the proof comes out of the speakers - Fletcher
He who has said the pen is mightier than the sword, has never been in a pen & sword fight!- me

Bob Olhsson

Re: Info about the current efforts regarding royalties
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 05:34:50 PM »

As I understand it, the bill finally got reported out of committee and will be voted on. The NAB is about having a cow. They just announced that they have won but this seems to be a tactic intended to get recording artists to shut up and go sit in the back of the bus. http://www.grammy.com/Recording_Academy/News/Default.aspx?ne wsID=3337&newsCategoryID=13

Blas

Re: Info about the current efforts regarding royalties
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:20:38 AM »

Bob, Thanks for that link.  I feel we should get involved and wordsmith a message that audio professional should consider voicing such and sending it to the local stations requesting airplay, to counter what I heard coming for them.  The music creating community should be fairly compensated, just as for profit station are from their advertisers.

Joe
Conjecture and theory are all well and good...but the proof comes out of the speakers - Fletcher
He who has said the pen is mightier than the sword, has never been in a pen & sword fight!- me
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.