R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SOUNDCRAFT 200B  (Read 25200 times)

marcel

Re: SOUNDCRAFT 200B
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 01:24:48 AM »

I think the modules' layout must have varied over time (and perhaps their designations as well?).  My mono input modules (which were loaded in the console when I bought it) look exactly like Bill's first link.  The two NOS stereo modules I bought from a PA hire company in Quebec look more like the Soundcraft site photo, with the 6 auxes all having separate pots, although with only 3 bands of EQ.

They all fit interchangeably in all 200 series frames AFAIK, and my manual (downloaded off the SC site) describes many other channel variants that I have never seen in pictures or in an operational console (including phono preamp and Sowter input transformer options and sound reinforcement 'matrix' type strips).

This is somewhat speculative, Jim Williams could probably provide a much more definitive answer.
Best, Marcel

Geoff Doane

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »

marcel wrote on Fri, 05 December 2008 02:24

They all fit interchangeably in all 200 series frames AFAIK, and my manual (downloaded off the SC site) describes many other channel variants that I have never seen in pictures or in an operational console (including phono preamp and Sowter input transformer options and sound reinforcement 'matrix' type strips).

This is somewhat speculative, Jim Williams could probably provide a much more definitive answer.

Careful with that "all 200 series frames" part.  They may fit in all the 200 Delta frames, but they aren't compatible with the older 200 or 200B frames.  These had only four auxes, rather than the six in the Delta, and I suspect there were more group buses as well in the Delta.  The Deltas had an input connector panel integrated into the module, while the inputs were in groups of 8 on the frame.

In fact, the B modules won't even fit in a regular 200 frame without extensive mechanical modifications. The B used a small ribbon cable from the module to the input connectors, while the originals plugged right into a header on the back connector panel.  

GTD

Jim Williams

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »

MagnetoSound wrote on Thu, 04 December 2008 14:07

It's clear that the DLX and the standard Delta are very different.
The extra features on the DLX modules (4-band EQ,
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

breathe

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 10:45:28 PM »

I've never used the services of Jim Williams but I understand he is a genius.

It was on his recommendation that I bought a 16ch Delta DLX several years ago and only used it for a couple records before I bought a (much superior) Yamaha PM2000.  The DLX is very fast and crisp.  I did a prog rock record on it that turned out really well.  I think for 'normal' rock and roll you'd want more mojo though, especially in the low end.  The DLX is thin in the low end.  That all being said, I'd much rather mix on a DLX than any Mackie or competing mixer.

Go discrete!

Nicholas

dilbert

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 12:52:48 PM »

OK - my search for a sonic upgrade fro my Mackie 24-8 continues.
Any thoughts on the Soundcraft 600 series?
One just popped up on on C/L here for a good price.
Would this be sonic upgrade???
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up