R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha HS80M  (Read 1744 times)

Bill_Urick

Yamaha HS80M
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:18 AM »

Any opinions? Anybody using them?
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

craig boychuk

Re: Yamaha HS80M
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:56:31 AM »

I am quite enamored with them.

As a longtime NS10 user, they sound real comfy to me. It's like coming home, with the LF & HF range you've always wanted but never had with the 10's.

I'm running mine flat, but they have pretty flexible frequency adjustments if desired. There's even a midrange control, which many other monitors do not have. The HF adjustment is a shelf at 2k, which I think is way more useful than the usual 10k-ish shelf you'll see on many other monitors.

Worth a listen.

-craig
Capture the pasture rapture.
www.cbaudio.com

Harland

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:23:32 PM »

I have a pair and they are a good bang for the buck. I wanted a pair of active monitors and some which would give me the low end missing in the NS10s. I drop mine a couple of dB on the room control because I have them right up against the wall.

Bill_Urick

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »

Yeah. I'm looking for something in a "modern" bi-amped design. My other monitors are all kind of old school. They do seem to be a good value.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.