R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Bock '5-Zero-7' Microphone  (Read 26624 times)

maarvold

Re: New Bock '5-Zero-7' Microphone
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 08:54:06 PM »

Maybe this is why I had a somewhat different impression: David set it up as more of an overall pickup for a singer and an acoustic guitar player- 2 or 3 feet back from the players in a mid-sized iso booth.  

I was expecting it to be big & round and leaning toward dark (because of the lack of resonance in the capsule design), but the top end was quite present in a nice, pleasing, 'record-like' way, and not like the [darker] type of U47 examples I tend to gravitate towards.  

To my ear, the top end balance sort of split the difference between neutral and a 250/251 (but with a different top end flavor than a brass CK12)--at least in the context of that particular situation.  

BTW, David pronounced it "Five Oh Seven" at the seminar where I heard it.  
Michael Aarvold
Audio Engineer

J.J. Blair

Re: New Bock '5-Zero-7' Microphone
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 11:16:06 PM »

I found the mic to have more low end than a 47.  Much beefier in the bottom.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

ToddP

Re: New Bock 5-Zero-7 mic...
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 11:08:23 AM »

kats wrote on Tue, 20 October 2009 09:57

Perfect for those who cannot make a decision regarding anything in their life!

Anybody have Brett Favre's number?  Rolling Eyes

It is officially the 5-ZERO-7 (not "O") because the zero references the shape of the capsule.
Todd Peterson
TransAudio Group
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 16 queries.