R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Endless Analog "CLASP" system  (Read 3678 times)

Soundz Phat

Endless Analog "CLASP" system
« on: September 10, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »

Check out this new Analog product.  www.endlessanalog.com

This is quite possibly the ultimate analog front end insert.

We were very fortunate to be amoung the first to Beta Test CLASP and lets just say we were more than impressed.

The sound of CLASP was excellent and the functionality was so smooth that sometimes we forgot we were actually using real analog tape. Now that we are used to the warm sound it's hard to imagine not having it.

They just just posted a new set of videos on their website that really do a great job explaining the CLASP system and show it in action:

http://www.endlessanalog.com/video.html

Also, Pro Sound News did a feature article on CLASP:

http://www.prosoundnews.com/publish/news/Endless_Analog_Debu ts_CLASP.shtml

I am not in any way affiliated with the company nor do I endorse the product.( although we are planning to buy one )

Allen
index.php/fa/9908/0/index.php/fa/9908/0/

Brent Handy

Re: Endless Analog "CLASP" system
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:50:13 PM »

This isn't new.  It has been out for some time.  

It is kind of pointless if you ask me.  All that you need to do is split to, and return from, your analog machine.  Just press record and let the tape go.  Rewind it when it hits a locator point near the end.

Yeah, some people have lost their hearing and don't hear tape hiss, tape loss, wow and flutter, print through, etc, etc.  People have forgotten what we didn't like about analog the first time.

The number of studios operating analog MTRs is dwarfed by those that do not.  Those that are honest will say that some digital systems actually sound better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.