R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CK12 Capsule In AKG 414: How To Test?  (Read 28031 times)

brett

CK12 Capsule In AKG 414: How To Test?
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »

Buying a c414eb and need to test the c12 tension. How do I remove the screens? I have never seen one in hand, so I need to know what tools to bring and how to do it.

Also, will I be ok with my speck 5.0's phantom as a power source?

Klaus Heyne

Re: need to test a c414eb's c12 capsule
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:34:26 PM »

Remove the four slot screws from the bottom of them mic's body. Remove the silver mic body by stripping it off the amp, downwards.

Unhinge both screens upwards, one after another, starting from the bottom (where the black plastic tabs with the symbols and numbers on them are) and slightly pull the screens down, to release them off their nipples.

Now you have the CK12 in front of you, to make your tests.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks
www.GermanMasterworks.com

brett

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »

thanks. take a look at these. does this capsule look reskined? index.php/fa/9405/0/

brett

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »

brett

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:48:18 PM »

Klaus Heyne

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 12:36:24 AM »

It does not.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks

J.J. Blair

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 02:57:32 AM »

I'm not sure I would pay the $2,000 for this mic that the seller is asking.  But that's just me.  
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

MagnetoSound

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 06:47:02 AM »

Brett, I'm sure many of us are curious to know how you are going to test the capsule tension. Can you tell us?

Dan

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

seedyunderbelly.com

Re: CK12 Capsule In AKG 414: How To Test?
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 08:37:10 AM »

I do not think he is going to test the tension.  The opening is for the visual inspection.  The real test is done listening to the mic.  

What am I saying you know all of this Magneto.

I know everybody does not agree about the Diaphram color thing.  After JJ pointed it out,   every non reskin I have seen has the amber hue,  every reskin goldish.  This one is Amber.. fwiw

Does this one look dirty? Does it need cleaning?  Who can do it if Klaus is too busy?

I have been wishing for Klaus to work on my stuff for years now.  The last time I spoke  to him he asked my to call him after the new year (2006/7?)  After that I was told there was no list.

Who would you trust to clean a capsule?

-j

J.J. Blair

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »

That capsule is filthy.  I have had situations where CK12 diaphragms stuck to the backplate, because they were dirty.  Once they were cleaned, the problem went away.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

brett

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 03:47:08 AM »

I ended up buying a c414eb.  it's different than the one in the pic but looks the same inside. The capsule is not a reskin. It has that strange patten in it when you look at in person at an angle. The tension on the mic was great and the diaphram release instantly and beyond that it just sounded amazing on my voice.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »

Strange pattern?  Post pics, please.

It's not a striped pattern, is it?
studio info

brett

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »

It wasn't striped. what is your concern there?  

Klaus Heyne

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »

The mic "sounds amazing" with your voice? What else  is there to discuss? You are done, one of the few, and congratulations!
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks

brett

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »

thanks Klaus! You're so right!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.