R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAMSA WR8112  (Read 7684 times)

Trumpetman2

RAMSA WR8112
« on: May 27, 2004, 02:14:43 PM »

Cool Just got one of these...WOW, what a huge improvement over some of the new "Toy" boards I have.  My mixes sound much more musical (w/same material I was mixing in the toy boards!).  What I don't have is an operator's manual for it.  Anyone know of a source?  Also, is there a general consensus on this mixer...good...bad? Any modifications to make it a SUPER board?

Beezoboy

Re: RAMSA WR8112
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 04:22:42 PM »

I have a Ramsa Wr-s4424 and I think it sounds great. Mine actually has specs very similar to a Midas venice and sounds good to my ears. Its pretty punchy when you push it. If yours is like mine, there really aren't much to these boards. Easy enought to figure out all the routing. I am sure Jim Williams knows of a mod or two if there is one.

Congrats on your board.

Beez

Trumpetman2

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 06:03:08 PM »

Cool  Shocked Beez:  Thanks for the info.  I bought mine real cheap, but I had to send it to a local shop because it had a "noise" similar to what old stereo gear makes (dirty contacts?)  The shop here in MD/VA seemed real pro, but they have already had the board for about a month and I haven't even gotten an answer to my calls and e-mails....not a warm and fuzzy...if you know what I mean!  I guess this is why most people buy lesser quality, BUT new stuff....

Incidentally, who is Jim Williams and where is he located?  

Beezoboy

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 09:52:28 AM »

www.audioupgrades.com

He mods out all kinds of stuff and makes it sound better. I think maybe you should have some movey set aside though. Its going to be a couple hundred for whatever you want gauranteed.

I would be careful with the bottom end of this board. The more I use it the more I find there is less low end coming though the monitoring section than is actually there. So you might back off a bit on the low end.

Maybe the master/monitor section should be you first priority as far as mods go? I don't know about you board, but mine is modular in groups of 4, inclusing the buss section. then the main/monitor is all one piece.  

Beez

Trumpetman2

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 03:06:38 PM »

Shocked Beez:  I'll say...I just paid $400 just to have it cleaned and conditioned...but, I love the sound of it.  Beats the pants off of the usual modern crap.  One thing though, is yours a bit noisy?  I had to set up a small Mackie for monitoring because the hum from the RAMSA distracted me while tracking overdubs...I do use it for the final mix though, but I had to starp a DBX gate on its main out inserts...could it be it needs grounding?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.