R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Pro Digital out and Lavry DA10  (Read 4650 times)

JazzHot

Mac Pro Digital out and Lavry DA10
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:23:35 PM »

Hi,

I just registered to this great forum.
My home studio is:
MacPro 7g ram
MBox 2 Pro
Protools LE
Logic 8
Focal Twin6 Be Monitoring system

I just bought a Lavry DA10

Anyone out there ever used the Mac Pro Digital Output and a Lavry DA10 for mixing and mastering?
When I have to mix a Protools session, I use the MBox2 SPDIF out into the Lavry DA10.
Also I often import audio wavs into Logic 8 and use the MacPro Digital Optical Out into the Lavry DA10 Optical. The sound quality is amazing and better than the MBox SPDIF.
I use my home studio only for mixing and mastering. I record somewhere else.

Do you have any comments on using the MacPro Digital Optical output?

Thanks

Richard

kcrusher

Re: Mac Pro Digital out and Lavry DA10
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »

Quote:

Also I often import audio wavs into Logic 8 and use the MacPro Digital Optical Out into the Lavry DA10 Optical. The sound quality is amazing and better than the MBox SPDIF.

Well, it's not really better than the Mbox SPDIF, since the SPDIF signal is really what the DA10 is converting to an analog signal. I think what you're trying to say is that it's better than the Mbox analog outputs, which it should be for what the Lavry costs.

Using it with the Macs optical outputs will get you the same results - it's the DA convertors in the Lavry that you're paying for.

Keep in mind it is not affecting the actual audio in your computer at all - it's only playing it back through better convertors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.