R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The First Year of the New Millinium. (Vintage Article)  (Read 2418 times)

hargerst

The First Year of the New Millinium. (Vintage Article)
« on: May 22, 2004, 03:35:22 PM »

December, 2001 - Well, here it is, the end of the first year of the new millinium, and the world has changed a great deal, hasn't it?  I miss the old days, of leaving doors unlocked, and not worrying about getting mugged or killed if you go somewhere. Hi tech stuff has made living a little better, but we seem to be trading off some freedoms and moral values in exchange for this new technology.

Yes, we're hooked up to the Internet, but now we get lewd mail from strangers, viruses that can grab our credit card information, and a sense that we're not as unique as we used to be - we're just one more face in the ever-growing faceless crowd. Maybe since 9/11, it should be more important than ever to stand up and make a contribution to make the world a little better in some way, especially for those who will follow us.  

Teach your children well.  Teach them by example.  Make your own life count.  Plant a tree somewhere.  Write a song that will make people happy, or at least make them think.  Write a story.  Draw a picture.  Do anything you can think of that will outlast you, so that your contibution will still be around long after you're gone.

If there's something I've written (maybe in a previous column) that somehow impacted or changed the way you thought about things, then I'm doing my job.  I've tried to enjoy every day I've ever been alive, but sometimes, it doesn't work, and I fail miserably at it.  Then, I get over it, and then it's about trying to have a lot of great days in a row to make up for the few bad days I had. What's this got to do with music, or being in a band?  Nothing...........and everything.

What's my point? Enjoy life.  Be all that you can be.  Every so often, go down a road you haven't been on before - just to see where it leads. Love yourself.  Love others. If nothing else, the World Trade Center tragedy convinced me of one thing that is true - don't wait to tell people that you love them - do it now!!

I love you all.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.