R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternatives To Neumann M150's For DECCA Tree?  (Read 71693 times)

DavidSpearritt

Re: Alternatives To Neumann M150's For DECCA Tree?
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »

Schallfeldnebel wrote on Wed, 25 March 2009 08:08

Klaus Heyne wrote:"You are quite right, Barry. The 12mm M150 titanium capsule is smaller than the K50, but, if there is a fixed ratio of ball-to-diaphragm

David Bock

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2010, 01:31:25 PM »

Quote:

How were you able to tell?
2nd hand: I wandered into the shop one day & Allen was swapping capsules on a 50, I remember some discussion about Ni vs Al. Foggy after that.

Alan Meyerson

« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2010, 01:55:33 AM »

So, I know it's been a while since I started this thread but here's how it ended up for me.
After much comparison and taking into account my specific needs, I am now using Sennheiser MKH800 Twins as my usual tree mics. I understand it's sacrilege to not use a ball capsule of some sort. In my case having the ability to vary the polar pattern in the mix combined with how open and big these mics sound made it the right mic for me. I've used them on about 10 movies so far and have been thrilled.
I'd like to say that David Bock sent me a demo of his 50 and it was WONDERFUL. If I had the dough I would have bought three of those also. But, in the end, all things considered this was the right decision for me. Thanks to Fred Vogler for planting the seed.
Alan
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up