R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apogee DA-16  (Read 3646 times)

OllieP

Apogee DA-16
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »

Hi,

Ive just moved into a new mixdown studio, and i have to set up the outputs from a Logic Pro G5 setup into an AMD 24 console via Apogee DA-16s. I need 48 channels of D/A IO to go into the desk, and i currently have one DA16 unit (and am about to purchase another two)

Could somebody please tell me what i need to do in order to successfully daisy chain three DA16 units, from the Logic Pro outputs on the G5. Will i need a synchroniser?

I have one RME PCI card in the G5 for the one DA 16 unit i have, will i have to purchase another 2 along with the other DA16s im about to buy?

If anyone could help i'd be much appreciative.

Regards,

Ollie

Nick Sevilla

Re: Apogee DA-16
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:46:33 PM »

OllieP wrote on Tue, 01 April 2008 17:33

Hi,

Ive just moved into a new mixdown studio, and i have to set up the outputs from a Logic Pro G5 setup into an AMD 24 console via Apogee DA-16s. I need 48 channels of D/A IO to go into the desk, and i currently have one DA16 unit (and am about to purchase another two)

Could somebody please tell me what i need to do in order to successfully daisy chain three DA16 units, from the Logic Pro outputs on the G5. Will i need a synchroniser?

I have one RME PCI card in the G5 for the one DA 16 unit i have, will i have to purchase another 2 along with the other DA16s im about to buy?

If anyone could help i'd be much appreciative.

Regards,

Ollie

Get rid of your RME PCI card, and use the Apogee Symphony System card. It can run up to 96 output channels off the one card. And Apogee can show you how to synch all three DA16 s together properly.

Cheers
-------------------------------------------------
It is quite possible, captain, that they find us grotesque and ugly and many people fear beings different from themselves.

www.nicksevilla.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.