R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Improving Gefell UM92  (Read 47508 times)

Klokkern

Re: Improving Gefell UM92
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 09:42:47 AM »

Hi again everybody!

Oliver: BIG THANKS!! This post contained more info than I have found about the mic in several months of trying. Highly appreciated!! Smile  I forwarded the link to the service guy I am planning to use, and it made sense to him, so hopefully the upgrade will happen in the not too distant future.

JJ: I am glad you have good experiences with the tube seller from earlier. It sort of makes me feel I´ve bought a good tube before I have even listened to it. I guess that it will mean that I will be even happier AFTER I have listened to it...

To everyone else: Thank you a lot for your input!

Best regards,
Lars K
Peace, sunshine and happiness for all

J.J. Blair

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 07:02:37 PM »

Oliver, what's the voltage rating on those caps you recommended?  And if anybody has schematics of the UM57 (or even the UM92 for Lars), would you mind posting them?  Thanks.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

panman

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 09:15:55 AM »

Here is a link for UM57 shematics:

http://www.elektroakustika.cz/um57.html

Regards,
       Esa
E.T.

MagnetoSound

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »

Music can make me get right up out of my chair and start dancing or it can get me so pumped up I have to walk around the block.
It can also knock me back and make me sit there and cry like a little baby. This shit is as powerful as any drug!!!
- Larry DeVivo

J.J. Blair

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 11:32:45 PM »

Thanks, guys!

BTW, I take it this is the same as the CMV-563, minus the capsule, right?
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Klaus Heyne

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 11:58:11 PM »

..and you can also lay the schematic of a UM92s  (the predecessor model of the UM92.1s) over this one and it will almost be identical!
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Klokkern

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 04:03:02 AM »

...again....

THANK YOU!!!!

Best regards,
larsK

Oliver Archut

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 03:50:20 PM »

Here is the schematic of the CMV563, the are a few minor variation but it is nearly identical with the UM57 and UM92(.1).

I got the schematic from Gefell a few years back for the Um92/.1 but with the memo not to distribute it.

Will post a modified schematic for CMV/57/92 later today.

index.php/fa/8025/0/
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 07:06:48 PM »

But.... you've just distributed it...

Oliver Archut

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 07:25:15 PM »

Hello Barry,

I do not have posted the MTG schematic for the UM92 nor the UM92.1. It might be nearly the same but it is not the official drawing.

Best regards,

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

matucha

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »

I think it is no big secret... I have an old book with these and this page http://elektroakustika.cz/cmv563.html has them too.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 10:12:25 PM »

Thanks Oliver.  I was confused.

Oliver Archut

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 11:29:05 PM »

Here is the modified version for UM57 and UM92 and UM92.1, it also works for the CMV mic if you leave the blocking cap and remove the remote section.

Best regards,

Oliver
index.php/fa/8026/0/
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

J.J. Blair

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »

Oli, thanks.  I think I'll try this.
studio info

Klokkern

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 04:52:53 AM »

Oliver Archut wrote on Mon, 03 March 2008 03:21

...most of all replacing the crummy PSU of the UM92.

Hi again

Just wondering if anybody could be a little more specific about the power supply... Is there anything you would suggest to improve it, or should I just have a completely new one built... And if so, who builds them? Oliver? Klaus? Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you again!

larsK
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 22 queries.