R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ARP 8 mixer - arrived  (Read 9425 times)

organica

ARP 8 mixer - arrived
« on: January 26, 2008, 06:18:32 PM »

Or possibly jumping the gun / impatient  ?

I found this auction last week          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=11021 4690438

It's an ARP mixer one of only 300 made .

I'm an ARP fanatic so ......  had to have it , paid full price  ( you see where it says "BUY IT NOW FOR $500. CONTACT ME." ..... and not the with typical BUY IT NOW button route . he wanted an interested party to email / then send money) through paypal but it's not registered as an EBAY sale now .

That was last week . The seller claimed he'd be sending it this week . nothing so far . I sent them a note yesterday and have not heard back .

Randirainbow

Re: getting scammed ? -via EBAY
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 06:56:55 PM »

groundhog day wrote on Sat, 26 January 2008 17:18

Or possibly jumping the gun by checking into this  ?

I found this auction last week         http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=11021 4690438

I'm an ARP fanatic so ......  had to have it , paid full price  ( you see where it says "BUY IT NOW FOR $500. CONTACT ME.") through paypal but it's not registered as an EBAY sale now .

That was last week . The seller claimed that thay would be sending it this week . Nothing so far . I sent them a note yesterday and have not heard back .

His name wasn't ADRIAN GOZUN was it?    Cool  Cool
Searching for the truth. One take at a time

http://www.myspace.com/loghousestudio

organica

Re: getting scammed ? -via EBAY
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 07:20:06 PM »

no .

rjd2

Re: getting scammed ? - ARP 8 mixer - via EBAY
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:22:04 PM »

ive seen those go up on the bay once every 6 months for a while....and i always talk myself out of it, cause i dont need it.

best of luck, let us know how it works for you, assuming it shows up. make sure you get the whole thing sorted within 30 days, cause you lost most(all?) of your rights.
rj krohn

organica

Re: one more ebay prob .....
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 04:32:12 PM »

rjd2 wrote on Sat, 26 January 2008 23:22

iyou lost most(all?) of your rights.

?

jerrybosun

Re: one more ebay prob .....
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »

That seller has HORRIBLE FEEDBACK..   dont expect it for a month.....

rjd2

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »

sorry, meant lose. this english language thing eludes me sometimes. i was only born here!
rj krohn

Steve Folta

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 05:59:23 AM »

rjd2 wrote on Sun, 27 January 2008 17:37

sorry, meant lose. this english language thing eludes me sometimes. i was only born here!

I think this is the first time in months that I've seen the word "lose" spelled correctly on the Internet.

organica

ARP 8 mixer -arrived ......
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 03:00:36 PM »

Yes ... I did jump the gun it turns out . The mixer is here . After reading a few ebay horror tales as of late
(Adrian Gozun ..... Bill Mueller's trip to Indiana ....... ect , ect .... ) paranoia set in for a spell . Now I'm slightly freaking out , but in a good way .

Supposedly there were less than 300 of these made . This was right at about the time that ARP declared bankruptcy as a result of the failure of the Avatar Guitar Synth .

It sounds very nice , is in great condition , needs a clean up  ( some scratchy pots ) ..... XLR & 1/4 inch ins on every channel , all in all quite solid...... two graphic EQ's built in which go from 100 to 10K ....... It's got a built in " echo delay "( that's obviously a plus with dinosaur synths )

. I'm guessing that it's clearly a keyboard mixer ....... BUT it also has a built in talk back mic section with an XLR input . There's a headphone out also .

Anyone happen to have access / know where to obtain copies of a schematic , owners manual or other info for these  ? It's tough to find .

index.php/fa/7391/0/

Jay Kadis

Re: ARP 8 mixer - arrived
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 03:06:37 PM »

Looks like a cross between a PM1000 and an M-35/Model 5.  Hope it sounds more like the Yamaha.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 05:22:45 PM »

I was gonna say, it looks like a Yamaha.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

jerrybosun

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 05:55:18 PM »

It looks UBER cool!  Probably 4558 chips?

organica

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 02:50:22 AM »

It ceartainly does resemble the PM1000's , but it's a bit smaller I believe . There are no channel strips ...... more like a painted "face plate "(?) or whatever thats called , thouigh is a solid  heavy density box for sure ..... the model is 1733 , made in Japan  .

off topic but :
Speakiing of early 70's Japanese electronics ... I have 2 Roland SH1000 synths , one early model the other made just a few years later . Identical . The earlier built one ( 73 or so ) sounds nticably better .

Brian Kehew

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 06:03:31 AM »

I think it's very little like the PM1000, which was my first board. The knobs KINDA look the same but more so like the early Teacs - which someone already mentioned. Still, ARP is probably not inspired our outsourced in this era - so you have something unique!
Relax and float downstream...

J.J. Blair

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »

I still have a PM1000 in the big room at Cole.  Nice discrete console.  EQs don't sound too bad, and there are plenty of aux sends and echo returns.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 16 queries.