R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Klein + Hummel O 300 vs. Focal Twin 6 BE  (Read 5484 times)

Getafix

Klein + Hummel O 300 vs. Focal Twin 6 BE
« on: January 10, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »

First of all, hello to everyone on the forum i'm new here as you can probably tell.

So i've just sold my Dynaudio BM6a monitors & am now considering upgrading to either of these monitors. Since i do not have the opportunity to audition any of these where i live, i have to rely on other users opinions. This is where the complication lies, i keep hearing conflicting opinions as obviously everyone has different tastes.

I'm getting a good deal on both monitors, so there is only a difference of $650 between the two, which means price is not really an issue.

I'd already made up my mind about the K+H after asking this question on another forum but unfortunately i have to wait two weeks for the dealer to get them. So being impatient as i am i keep thinking about getting the Focals instead but am hesitant in case i regret my purchase.

So far from my research i've found that the K+H have the advantage of having a closed cabinet, meaning that they have a better bass response. The only complaint i hear about them is that they are not loud enough, but that is not an issue for me.

Both monitors get excellent reviews so this decision is really hard for me as this is a big investment for me & hopefully will be the last money i spend on monitors.

Anyway i would like to hear your opinions on these two monitors bearing in mind that i produce electronic music & need something that translates well & has a solid & true bottom end.

zmix

Re: Klein + Hummel O 300 vs. Focal Twin 6 BE
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 11:43:40 AM »

Salman,

I have only heard the K+H, and I think that they are very 'sweet' sounding... I'm not sure that I would enjoy mixing on them because they make everything sound so good.

One day i'll try them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.