R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xy micing non"pencil" sdc's  (Read 2805 times)

WD Smith

xy micing non"pencil" sdc's
« on: November 19, 2007, 02:58:37 PM »

I'm about to take the jump for a pair of either the Kel HM-1's or the AT2020's but I was thinking is it possible (or awkward) to use them in XY configuration since they are not slender pencil bodied mics?  I was thinking of buying the Sabra Som ST2 bar since it seemed like a clever versatile mounting system.  Any users out there that have XY'd these wider (2") bodied mics??

WD Smith

bigbone

Re: xy micing non"pencil" sdc's
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:28:29 PM »

WD Smith wrote on Mon, 19 November 2007 19:58

I'm about to take the jump for a pair of either the Kel HM-1's or the AT2020's but I was thinking is it possible (or awkward) to use them in XY configuration since they are not slender pencil bodied mics?  I was thinking of buying the Sabra Som ST2 bar since it seemed like a clever versatile mounting system.  Any users out there that have XY'd these wider (2") bodied mics??

i use the KEl for OH'S as a A/B space and love it.......

Barkley McKay

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:02:30 PM »

With side address types, have one set upright, and the other upside down directly above, as close as possible (coincident) then twist so that they are at least 90 degrees for XY.

Here is a picture of a Blumlein Pair (Fig8 XY)with Coles 4038 ribbons, but it gives a good idea how to setup with large, side address types

index.php/fa/6701/0/

you can obviously use two mic stands to achieve this.

sorry for the rubbish quality

hope this helps

Barks

WD Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 01:11:22 AM »

Thanks for the replies. Bigbone what kind of spacing are you using for A/B for say drum O/H?  Barkley thanks for the pix.  I could probably rig the Sabra Som stereo bar like that.
WD Smith

bigbone

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 07:34:55 AM »

WD Smith wrote on Tue, 20 November 2007 06:11

Thanks for the replies. Bigbone what kind of spacing are you using for A/B for say drum O/H?  Barkley thanks for the pix.  I could probably rig the Sabra Som stereo bar like that.

I Place the mic about top of snare and floor toms , and move acording to what i hear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.