R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sri Chinmoy RIP  (Read 4061 times)

PaulyD

Sri Chinmoy RIP
« on: October 13, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »

Spiritual teacher and musician Sri Chinmoy has passed away.

http://www.srichinmoy.org/

Among his followers were John McLaughlin, Carlos Santana, and Narada Michael Walden.

Paul

mgod

Re: Sri Chinmoy RIP
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 06:28:43 PM »

I thought he'd be much older than 76 now.

DS
"There IS no Coolometer." - Larry Janus

Jim Williams

Re: Sri Chinmoy RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:49:57 AM »

I remember Sri back in the 70's when I was working for Rex Bogue and we built those custom guitars like that doubleneck for John McLaughlin. John turned Carlos Santana on to Sri when they made the album Love Devotion Surrender together. Carlos then turned John on to the new Boogie amps.

John had a falling out with Sri when he caught Sri screwing his wife. Carlos stayed with Sri for several years after that. I remember Carlos stopping by at Oakland when I was touring for Stevie Wonder. He had his big Mesa amp put on stage and he requested a "quiet room" for show prep and prayer. I gave him the guitar tuning room to use. Before he came in, all the crew can by and we had a big pot smokeout in this small room to "prepare" it for Carlos.

I came by the room during the show to take a look and I found the pictures of Sri and some insense burners. The room still was full of pot smoke so I suppose he got a good contact high.

We did lots of crazy stuff to break up the boardum of the tour.
Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 14 queries.