R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New PMC damaged during S&H. What to do next?  (Read 2415 times)

PaulyD

New PMC damaged during S&H. What to do next?
« on: August 12, 2007, 02:42:15 PM »

I ordered a pair of PMC TB2S+ speakers on July 13 from Pro Audio Solutions. They were back ordered and finally arrived last Thursday. I was busy Friday and Saturday and just opened the box today. Although the box looked fine, one of the speakers is significantly damaged.

I emailed Pro Audio Solutions and cc'ed Bryston/PMC's sales rep. I don't expect to hear from either of them until tomorrow at the earliest. I'm worried because I know this isn't really Bryston/PMC's issue and I have found Pro Audio Solutions customer service impossible to get ahold of. Has anyone here ever been in this situation? Does Pro Audio Solutions customer service come through when it really counts? Or do you think I'm on my own filing a claim with FedEx?

*sigh* Sad

tia for any advice...

Paul

PaulyD

Re: New PMC damaged during S&H. What to do next?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 06:10:14 AM »

Pro Audio Solutions finally called last Wednesday. The representative that called wasn't sure if they should issue an RMA for the one damaged speaker or both since they can be bought individually but these arrived as a pair packed in the same box. He said he would have to get back with me on that. Well, five days later and still no RMA #...I'll see if they call this week. Apparently, they do respond, albeit slowly.

The Bryston folks emailed me back almost immediately. They are always so responsive and helpful. Their customer service rocks as hard as their power amps do.

Paul

Podgorny

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 09:22:42 AM »

I've had mixed experiences with Pro Audio Solutions.
When I bought my Transient Designer 2, they let me borrow a Transient Designer 4 until mine arrived.  That was nice.
But then there's been other times where I've gone into the showroom and spoken with one of the sales guys about a particular piece of gear, and then they drop the ball when they are supposed to setup a demo.
Of course, if you've seen the place, it's no wonder customers get lost.

But as you said, it's not a shipping thing.  Call PAS, and ask to speak with Warren.  He's usually helpful.
"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"

PaulyD

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 02:27:52 PM »

Thanks, Kyle.

I actually went ahead and called them just now. This time, I actually got a live rep, a sincere apology, an RMA #, and they're going to replace both speakers.

They may be understaffed and/or a little disorganized, but I get the impression they're on the up and up.

I will do business with them again.

Paul

Podgorny

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 02:35:50 PM »

PaulyD wrote on Tue, 21 August 2007 13:27

They may be understaffed and/or a little disorganized, but I get the impression they're on the up and up.

I will do business with them again.

Indeed,they are on the up and up.  That's why I keep going back.
Their organization-skills could use a bit of work though.

"Nobody cares what the impedance is; all they care about is when you can walk into the room, set up a mic, turn the knobs, hit record, and make everybody go 'wow.'"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries.