R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tascam fw-1082 6 pin to 4 pin firewire?  (Read 3362 times)

Tascam fw-1082 6 pin to 4 pin firewire?
« on: August 02, 2007, 01:40:39 PM »

Hello all, I just bought a Tascam FW-1082 audio/midi interface
to hook up to my Alienware area 51 m7700 notebook computer.
However, the 1082 has a 6 pin firewire port and my computer has a 4 pin firewire port. From what I understand the 6 pin firewire port can also provide 2 pins of power where the 4 pin cannot. I have no
available spaces on my computer to install a 6 pin firewire port so how do I connect them together? Does the 1082 need power from the computer?Any information or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Send messages to my email please shelly10538@yahoo.com

Thank you all very much ahead of time.

Re: Tascam fw-1082 6 pin to 4 pin firewire?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:35:22 AM »

From the amount of views and no replies on this topic it seems that
nobody on here gives a shit, but for those of you who read this and might eventually have this problem yourself, I wanted to post that
the Tascam technical support are pretty useless, I have sent them the same inquiry about my problem several times and all that they will say is:

"Shelly,

The FW-1082 requires a 6-pin Firewire connection.  We do not
support it's operation with 4-pin.".

They won't even make any suggestions about alternatives or anything, pretty much that I am on my own and they could care less whether I am happy with their product or not. And if you try to contact them by phone, good luck, the number is not toll free and they won't answer it anyway, you cannot get a real person on the phone, period. Really on my own here, thanks people.

ScotcH

Re: Tascam fw-1082 6 pin to 4 pin firewire?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »

Out of curiosity .... did you plug it in and try it?  Did it work?  Seems like a simple enough experiment.
Arek Wojciechowski - Laundry Room, Basement, Garage, Bedroom, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.