R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How come Tube Tech LCA-2B get's no respect??  (Read 4675 times)

dblock

How come Tube Tech LCA-2B get's no respect??
« on: July 08, 2007, 08:07:27 PM »

I thought a tube compressor would compliment my Alan Smart C-1 nicely for my 2 buss and final master to cd but can't for the life of me find any glowing reviews anywhere on the unit. It's obviously a high end piece of gear but from what I read on forums though the manley vari-mu (which I couldn't afford) definitely is preferred by most. I haven't even gotten it yet and I'm already thinking of selling it. I did read comparisons between the two so there was some consolation that the LCA-2 can be mentioned in the same sentence with the Manley even if only for a second. Also Liquid Mix saw fit to include it in it's famous compressor emulations. Is this piece used by major studios or did I make another bonehead purchase? What id the Tube tech LCA-2B's claim to fame? Apparently no one seems to care about it. Bottom line, just tell me if it's good enough for professional quality 2 buss mix and mastering.

Thanks

dblock

PookyNMR

Re: How come Tube Tech LCA-2B get's no respect??
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »

Don't get suckered into the internet misinformation.

Sure the Manley is a quality unit.  But just because it gets more promotion does not mean that the Tube Tech unit is not great.  

There are lots of follks on this forum and other forums who are Tube Tech users and owners and find them to be top quality.

Listen to the unit before you sell it.  You might find that you like it better.
Nathan Rousu

burp182

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:59:34 PM »

I have both. The Manley is wonderful sounding, as is the LCA-2B. The LCA-2B is much more flexible than the Vari-Mu, simply because of the level of front panel control available. They're somewhat similar in sound but not the same. Either is wonderful - both together are a great luxury.

dblock

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »

I just got mine today. Haven't plugged it in yet but it feels heavy and solid as a tank. Coincidently, I just so happened to pick up my pold "Mastering Engineers Handbook" and to my pleasant surprise,under compressors the vari-mu and Tube Tech LCA were the 2 compresors mentioned as being "found in major mastering facilities". That made my day.

compasspnt

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:20:35 AM »

Theodore has used it to very good advantage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 17 queries.