R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which soundcard should i choose for my DAW?  (Read 2184 times)

ILLIAM Digital Audio

Which soundcard should i choose for my DAW?
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »

Hello all. I'm wanting to build a few DAWs and am a little overwhelmed by the choice of soundcards now on the market. I've been searching around for a pci-e soundcard (or soundcard + additional hardware) equipped with 24-bit/192 kHz firewire, USB, MIDI, 3.5mm, 6.5mm, mic, optical, RCA, and S/PDIF i/o, word clock synchronization, zero latency, and compatibility with intel core 2 duo, 32 and 64 bit drivers, ddr2 ram, and possibly an ASRock 775Dual-VSTA motherboard (or something else that works). I've also been looking for one with, or maybe paired with, a compatible drive bay interface that could include additional i/o, or some of the basics, like MIDI, firewire, headphone out, line out, 6.5mm, spdif, and at least one universal mic i/o along with maybe a few mixing and volume knobs. Is there a soundcard that meets these needs on the market?? I don't have a set price range just yet, but preferably something under $800. Please help!! I've been looking for the right soundcard for about 2 months now.

- Lance
Vocalist, Guitarist, Bassist, Keyboardist.  Currently using:  Korg Triton Extreme, Alesis Micron, BC Rich NJ Series 24-fret Mockingbird, 60s "Dixon" bass, Alvarez and Gibson 6-string and 12-string acoustics
Credentials:  
Certified Dell & Gateway Field Service Technician, Computer Electronics Engineering Technician,
CETa, A+ Certified, CFOI, ETA Member
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.