R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice w/ Lion  (Read 11579 times)

typek

advice w/ Lion
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »

I just bought a new MacBook Pro and it's shipping w/ Lion.
I was in the dinosaur age, using a PowerPC w/ OSX 10.4 with a 002r. I'm a total dork, and didnt even realize that I was going to have some trouble with getting PT up on the new comp...

Looks like I can purchase the "Pro Tools 9 Crossgrade from LE/M-Powered" for $249.00.. if im understanding this correctly, i can keep my current hardware (002r), and after making this purchase, use PT 9.0.5 (beta) w/ my new Lion system.

This sound right to you guys?... Anyone done it?? The one thing that I'm questioning is this.. If I don't have any version of PT installed on this new machine, will this "crossgrade" still work?

bigbone

Re: advice w/ Lion
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:53:24 AM »

You can have some of your answer there        http://duc.avid.com/

Grant Craig

• Real Full Name: Grant Craig
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »

The crossgrade will work, but be warned that 9.0.5 beta on Lion isn't fully qualified by Avid yet.  Be ready for a few 'bugs'.

I would start with a fresh install of 9.  Or at the very least, a complete uninstall of any previous versions. (I'm assuming the only way another version would be on there is through user account transfer from the old machine?)

muskan

• Real Full Name: dasdsd
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 12:45:46 AM »

i keep toying with the idea of buying one of these "one size fits all" guitar amps.  like a bogner ecstasy or a diezel vh4.  you know, the ones that are essentially 3 to 6 different amps, in one case.  i like the idea of a single amp being able to deliver tons of tones in the studio.  of course, i'm not looking at it to solve all my amp tone needs.  really to just keep the stack of amps a bit smaller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 18 queries.