R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: George A. Starbird Model 180 Microphone Stand SOLD  (Read 3674 times)

Podgorny

• Real Full Name: Kyle Mann
  • What 500-series mic pre works best as a door stop?
FS: George A. Starbird Model 180 Microphone Stand SOLD
« on: July 28, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »

SOLD

Hello! I had a Starbird Model 180 for sale. It was huge. Too big for my studio.

If you don't know what these are/were, the Starbird Model 180 is the grand-daddy of mic stands. Made from the fifties through about two years ago, and still in use in most large recording facilities and film studios. Many consider it the greatest mic stand ever built, and according to Manley Labs (who built these for the last fifteen years), they ceased production because they were too expensive to build. Few could justify the cost of a $1200 microphone stand. And they rarely ever show up for sale used.

In any case, this stand was ideal for larger tracking rooms. It's huge. EXTREMELY sturdy, and while I had it, in good working condition (these things are nearly indestructible).
If I had the room for it in my new place, I would have kept it. Fully folded up, it's nearly six feet tall.

Obviously, due to size and weight, I'd preferred for someone in Nashville to come pick it up, but I ended up shipping it to someone in New York.

$600

If you have any questions, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.