R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reaper is getting Scary!  (Read 5804 times)

blueboy

Reaper is getting Scary!
« on: October 20, 2006, 10:35:16 PM »

I've sort of been following the development of Reaper for the last year by checking it out every now and then. It seemed like a good idea as the aim was to make a very efficient and lightweight DAW without all the code bloat.

The first few times I tried it, it seemed a little rough, and the GUI was just brutal (unless you liked Windows 3.0 of course).

But I just installed the latest version on my laptop to play around with it, and was blown away with it. The GUI is now customizable, and it seems very stable. It takes a little getting used to the "minimalist" approach, but I'm really starting to like it.

The feature list is very impressive, and the funny thing is that it already has a lot of the key features that I have been waiting years for Steinberg to include in Cubase SX.

Here is a screen capture after I combined a couple of supplied themes.

index.php/fa/3631/0/

It's only a 1.8MB install, and is definitely worth checking out if you're on Windows.

JL
"Only he who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible." ~ Manuel Onamuno

jdier

Re: Reaper is getting Scary!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:57:17 PM »

I will agree with you 100%.  Install is up to 2.1mb now.

I struggle with the editing and zooming tools, but think I will get use to them.  

The routing options are killer.

I am also becoming a huge fan of ReaComp the compressor.

The user base can seem a little rabid sometimes, but there is great help in their forums.
jdier - Home recordist

(currently selling one of my dual Great River preamps)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.